ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

ASP.NET and C# webform. Need help with query to DB

(1/2) > >>

h0meopathic:
I need a way to check my database and see if a record is repeated and if it's repeated twice.

I'm making a webform that will allow the user to enter his or her personal information and select a radio button of specific times.  The radio button will correspond to a SlotID in my database. When the SlotID has been used twice I need to grey out the radio button because it can no longer be selected. Any help would be nice.

wraith808:
I'm not sure what database you're using, but with ASP.NET and C#, I'll assume SQL Server.  Also assuming that the table name is Slot, and with everything else you've given, this query would give the number of times each SlotID has been used.

--- Code: Text ---SELECT count(1), SlotIDFROM SlotGROUP BY SlotID
If you only wanted to get the ones that had been used more than 1 time then you could add a having clause, i.e.

--- Code: Text ---SELECT count(1), SlotIDFROM SlotGROUP BY SlotIDHAVING count(1) > 1
HTH

h0meopathic:
What is count(1)?
I am using SQL server and my table is as follows:

Table AppointmentName: AppID, LastName, FirstName, Email, BirthDate, Slot.

Slot gets an SelectedIndexValue from the radio button on submitClick.

On Page_Load is where I need to have the SQL statement to see how many times the value from the column "Slot" has been used.

wraith808:
Count(1) just counts the number of records in the query.  You could use count(slotid), but by using 1, the data for the slotid doesn't have to actually be loaded.

h0meopathic:
I figured it out, thanks for the help.

--- Code: Text ---SELECT Slot, COUNT(Slot)AS SlotCountFROM AppointmentNameGROUP BY Slot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version