topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Lenovo OneKey recovery problem  (Read 9112 times)

jed_meblast

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Lenovo OneKey recovery problem
« on: August 08, 2009, 12:21 PM »
Hi! I'm a new member here.. I've been looking at every posts and forums searching for solutions regarding my notebook's OneKey recovery partition. Yet I couldn't find anything here that is related to my problem... I bought a Lenovo notebook a month ago which is Lenovo 3000 Y410. In this series it has a OneKey recovery that recovers your system at just a touch of a button. When you press the NOVO key when the notebook is in "off" mode it will recover your system back to factory default pre-installed softwares and utilities from Lenovo. My problem is, Lenovo 3000 Y410 notebook has only 160gb Hard disk drive capacity and I'm thinking of upgrading my HDD, but if i'll upgrade it the NOVO key which is the OneKey recovery button will be no longer function because as far as I know the OneKey recovery partition image resides in my 160gb HDD. Now, if I'm going to upgrade and buy a new HDD how to create a new OneKey recovery image partition to that new HDD step by step and use the NOVO key as my button again if I want to recover my system or reformat in the future. NOVO key is also the same with pressing F11 during boot to recover your system.. anybody could help me?. My OS is Vista 32-bit..

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Lenovo OneKey recovery problem
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 12:57 PM »
If you reinstall using an OEM  "system recovery" disk, it should also recreate the manufacturer's recovery partition scheme.

Lenovo should have a utility for creating such a recovery CD or DVD set on your laptop. If they don't you may need to request or possibly purchase these disk(s).

Create or obtain the recovery disk set, remove the original drive (put it aside safely in case you need to reinstall it), install the new HD, and then run the recovery program from your disk set.

If you need more info than that, it's probably best to just contact Lenovo Tech Support and request instructions on how to replace a HD and reinstall your OS and software.

Luck. :Thmbsup:

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Lenovo OneKey recovery problem
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 10:34 AM »
Another option is if you have access to a desktop PC is to hook up your laptop hard drive and the new hard drive simultaneously and use a hard drive duplicating program to do a verbatim copy of the old hard drive to the new. That'd also save you from having to reinstall Windows.