topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:00 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Bug Report re: Don't Auto Save Captures  (Read 4670 times)

kproth

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Bug Report re: Don't Auto Save Captures
« on: July 29, 2009, 04:17 PM »
Note: I am still using 2.57.01; this may have been fixed in one of the more recent versions???

I can "lose" a screenshot after the following repeatable sequence of steps:

Start with the attached config file.  I think the relevant setting is that I have "Don't Auto Save Captures" checked (because I almost always just put the capture on the clipboard), and I have "After Capture Show = PopUp Choice Dialog".  I also have a non-standard File Naming Template.

Step 1:  Minimize SC

Step 2:  Take a screenshot, and choose "Keep Image and Hide".
  (Note that the screenshot is now saved as a file, even though "don't auto save" is checked.  This behavior may be related to the bug I'm reporting, but I'm not complaining about this behavior -- I think it probably makes sense to save the capture in this particular case, overriding the Don't Auto Save option...)

Step 3:  Take another screenshot, and choose "Keep Image and Show".

Observe that SC opens up, very temporarily shows the screenshot from step 3, and then changes to showing the screenshot that was saved to disk in step 2.  The screenshot from step 3 is now lost and there's no apparent way to get it back other than to re-capture it.

I also have to wonder: why does Ctrl-Q (Delete Current Screenshot file) prompt before acting, but Ctrl-Alt-D (Delete ALL Images in screenshot directory) doesn't prompt.  I would think the prompting should be the other way around, or alternatively that both actions should prompt first.  Also, is there a difference between Delete Current Screenshot File (on the File menu) vs Delete Current Image (on the MoveTo menu)?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Bug Report re: Don't Auto Save Captures
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 05:12 PM »
Some good questions.. can I ask that you try the latest version and see if the keep image stuff still has this problem -- i tried to improve it recently.

You have a good point about ctrl-q prompting, while delete all doesnt.. actually ctrl+Q prompts but lets you turn off prompt -- i should do the same for delete all.

Regarding the delete image on MoveTo menu -- i should remove that, it does the same thing (unless i am mistaken) and so serves no purpose being there.

kproth

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 11:48 AM »
try the latest version and see if the keep image stuff still has this problem
I tried; v2.70.02 still has the same issue.

Regarding the delete image on MoveTo menu -- i should remove that, it does the same thing (unless i am mistaken) and so serves no purpose being there.
For what it's worth -- I'd suggest also moving the "Delete all images" option to the File menu.  It doesn't seem to fit under a "MoveTo" menu (unless you think of it as moving to the recycle bin), and I think it makes the most sense to keep the "delete image" and "delete all images" options together on a single menu.

Thanks.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 11:51 AM »
ok ill try to fix this weekend.