ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

SC: Discussion of Scanning Functions

<< < (5/8) > >>

tomos:
havent used this since it was being tested

Scanning a few pages today:

1) I missed advanced options on saving as PDF - it saved a 100dpi image as a 2 MB file - (I think it didnt compress the image?) - would be great if I could regulate that on saving (or in options)
2) is there any capability to change the dpi of an image in SC? I see resize but occasionally might want to simply change resolution [very much an icing request :)]
3) option to simply 'save image as' would be nice - nearest option is 'save copy as' which eventually will involve spring cleaning
4) when I scan I dont see any progress window - I see you have one in screenshot - scratch that: it works at TWAIN setting - I get a flash of my scanner software logo, then it comes up as normal (Not using 'native scanner dialog')

Everything (auto-rotate/sharpen/WB) working very nicely :) -
for this run the large PDF's drove me away though :(

mouser:

* #2 change dpi -- yes, see "SpecialFx -> Adjust Color Depth and DPI"
* #3 save as -- in SC "save copy as" does what all programs do when you choose "save as", it makes a copy.  do you mean you want to rename it? if so you can just change the file name in the bottom panel and hit enter and it will be renamed.  in face you can change the file format at the same time simply by specifying an extension there like .jpg, .gif, etc.  ps. for scans a .jpg is much much smaller file size than png.
as for #1 compression on PDF save, i will look into it asap; i will also be adding a quick saveas pdf button on scanner toolbar.

tomos:
#2 - great
#3 - 'save as' -  what I understood from SC "save copy as" is that it will save in regular folder anyway & you have the option to save a copy elsewhere (or save copy in same folder). Say I scan into Pshop, I can save as -> folder of choice, there's only one copy (okay, there may be a temp one in temp folder as well).  Wasnt any big deal, but it would be nice to simply save scans elsewhere in folder of choice - me, I usually save them in a different folder each time I'm doing a batch of scans but obviously moving them around isnt a problem :)

Another one:-
#5 - it would be great if Ctrl+O would show whole page (i.e. Auto-fit) if nothing is selected. (I know Crt+F is 'Fit-View' but this shows image much smaller than 'Auto-fit')

lanux128:
i hadn't noticed #1 that much due to saving the PDFs via print drivers such as NovaPDF but item 3 gives me the same confusion, is it a copy of the existing file before or after the change. so much so that i normally resort to "Save + New Version (auto-name)" with its Control+Shift+S hotkey. :)

to add to tomos' suggestions - in view of the management of the scanned documents, perhaps the "MoveTo" menu can be changed into "CopyTo" as according to the users choice. this is because i copy more than i move (always need a backup copy somewhere).

tomos:
doing a bunch of PDFs as Lanux suggested - using print to PDF driver.

Mouser - any chance you could give 'Print screenshot' a shortcut?
many thanks for all the work on this and I hope I dont come across as too demanding - sometimes I think I get carried on the 'legality' betas/development gives to the user to being demanding and critical.

Speaking of which :-[ :D
'Print screenshot' remembers the margin numbers but always reverts to Inches - so if I set Margins to 2 cm all round, the next print has them at 2 inches

edit/ also wanted to say it's a joy to use - this is so nice and clean but has all the important options covered :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version