Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 19, 2014, 10:28:50 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Searching a Text-Table tool...  (Read 2318 times)
crono
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 27, 2009, 07:23:20 PM »

Hi,

I often have to insert tables into plaintext emails. Formating them in a texteditor is very time consuming. I found a nice tool on the Mac and wonder if there is something like this on windows. Any ideas?

thanks and bye
Andreas
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 07:26:06 PM by crono » Logged
rjbull
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 07:44:28 AM »

Where're your tables coming from?  Is is a screen clip, or can you export your data as CSV?  Some editors - e.g. UltraEdit, and Boxer - can convert CSV into properly-spaced columns.  You could get more control over the appearance from Bruce Guthrie's CONVERT, which is a DOS command-line program for doing similar tasks, and more.

crono
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 08:54:15 AM »

the tables are comming from various sources - copied HTML tables, Excel spreadsheets, CSV Files, copied from PDF reports etc. - but most of the time they are  just "from scratch".
I will have a look at CONVERT - thanks smiley
NigelH
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 07:15:56 PM »

Crono, have you looked at CSVed?

CSVed is an easy and powerful CSV file editor

Amongst many other thing, it can...

import;
 export to HTML, Excel, Word, XML and more

crono
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 03:37:30 AM »

Hi,

I know the programm for some time, but only used it to check some csv Files - I will have a look...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.025s | Server load: 0.05 ]