ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 3.5?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I updated - no problems.

A few add-ons said they wouldn't work but I forced them to install and they work fine.

Auto update isn't offered but if you go to Help > Check for update it updates automatically and fine.

My only niggle with 3.5 is that if you close the last tab it closes the browser (which is a change in behaviour).

Ehtyar:
I just thought the rule was that no major new version was to be offered through auto-update just like one couldn't auto-update to v3 from v2, but v2.x upgrades were still offered to v2.x users.
-Innuendo (July 27, 2009, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nope. See here.

Ehtyar.

Grorgy:
my firefox told me there was an update to 3.5 without my going to check it manually.  It asked if i wanted to proceed now or not, like it usually does.  Wonder why mine seems to be behaving differently, not that it was a problem, I'd been wanting to upgrade anyway but some sites I use don't like beta browsers.

Innuendo:
Ehtyar, thanks for the info. I tend to ignore exploring things that just work & the Firefox update mechanisms have always just worked for me.

Grorgy,
Firefox v3.5 and v3.5.1 are not beta. They are safe to use. In my experience Firefox will never tell you about updates to beta browsers, only non-beta versions.

Ehtyar:
Indeed. I'm also waiting for 3.5 until the update is automatically offered. I will die if the update fucks up my profile :'(

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version