ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

LBC Locked Computer Up Tight

<< < (2/2)

cranioscopical:
I tried Escape - didn't work; didn't try the Enter button. Alt-Tab wouldn't work; once explorer.exe freezes nothing displayed will respond, unfortunately.
-J-Mac (August 04, 2009, 03:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
Could you get the task manager?  Often, in that situation, ending the process 'explorer.exe' and launching another instance fom File/New Task (Run...) will dig you out of the hole. (If that was the first thing you tried and you're now rolling your eyes do the usual and try to pretend that I don't exist).

cyberdiva:
Yeah, I use Everything, but when you're in the middle of doing something and can't find it...  I knew I had opened it once via Start>All Programs and I use that so infrequently I knew there was a good chance the program would be listed in the Recently User section of the Start menu.
-J-Mac (August 04, 2009, 11:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, good point.  I've become so enamored of/dependent on Everything that it's always the first thing I think of.  In this case, clearly the Recently Used Programs section of the Start menu would have been even quicker.  Thanks for reminding me of its existence.  :)

J-Mac:
I tried Escape - didn't work; didn't try the Enter button. Alt-Tab wouldn't work; once explorer.exe freezes nothing displayed will respond, unfortunately.
-J-Mac (August 04, 2009, 03:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
Could you get the task manager?  Often, in that situation, ending the process 'explorer.exe' and launching another instance fom File/New Task (Run...) will dig you out of the hole. (If that was the first thing you tried and you're now rolling your eyes do the usual and try to pretend that I don't exist).
-cranioscopical (August 04, 2009, 02:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

.... I used Ctrl-Alt-Del to open the Windows Task Manager to try and close whatever was not responding but as soon as I would click on the Task Manager window another LBC error popup would lock up all windows again.....-J-Mac
--- End quote ---

I mentioned that above: I could get the Task Manager to show using Ctrl-Alt-Del, but could click anything without the error popping again and locking up explorer.exe anew.

Jim

cranioscopical:
I mentioned that above
-J-Mac (August 04, 2009, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's no good expecting comprehension from me  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version