topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 6:00 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Desktop and Shortcuts suddenly inaccessible? help!  (Read 2946 times)

Charles Etheridge

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Desktop and Shortcuts suddenly inaccessible? help!
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:03 AM »
Hi, Yesterday I was trying to send something in WinZip compression, and downloaded what was said to be a temporary check in. I don't think that anything was substantially compacted, but afterward I found that all of my deskotp icons had turned white - blank - and they all had .lnk at the end, as did the things in the start menu. basically nothing would open except IE8 and Outlook 2007, though both of those were accessed from the favorites buttons on my Ergonomic 4000 keyboard. When I tried to open anything else I got a notice that the file couldn't be found and that I should register it somewhere. How can I get rid of this terrible state of affairs? I really would appreciate whatever help you can give me. I'm running Windows 7 RC with of course IE8 and Bing. Also Outlook and Word 2007, though Word won't open. I hope that with this forum the questioner is notified when an answer is posted. This is my first time visiting here, and in honesty I haven't read all that much about the details.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Desktop and Shortcuts suddenly inaccessible? help!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 01:05 AM »
im going to move your post to a new thread in general area.