topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 5:39 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Opening files through LBC  (Read 4078 times)

BG12

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Opening files through LBC
« on: July 26, 2009, 05:20 AM »
I recently downloaded v. 1.108.01 and installed it on hard disc (D:) in portable mode.

I found it an excellent software, easy to customize and use and highly flexible, The best of many application launchers I tried for selecting one.

However, I have come across a problem. I am not able to open files. I created a menu node 'docs'. In this node I created a command node of 'command-command/url to launch' type.

In the tab Application/command/file/url I entered the complete path of the file (xls) in 'Application/command' line. LBC did not open the file.

Next, in the above tab I entered full path of excel software and full path of the document in 'Argument' section. The file did not open when there is a space between two words of a folder name (My Docs). File is opened when there is no gap in the folder name.

Since this is an important aspect, please guide how to go about it for the case when there is a space in folder name?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Opening files through LBC
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 12:26 PM »
Thank you very much for the detailed bug report BG12 -- I'm going to try to correct the problem in LBC.

In the meantime, can you try this to solve the problem with space in the file path: enclose the entire path in double quotes.
In other words, in the argument section, put something like "C:\My Documents\My Folder\My File.xls"

Let me know if that works.

BG12

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Opening files through LBC
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 08:09 AM »
Thanks for prompt response.

Yes it has now worked after implementing your suggestion as given above.

However, first time it took about a minute and second time about 35 seconds for excel to open up with file, whereas directly opening of excel takes about 10-15 seconds. It is not a problem at all. Just out of curiosity, is it normal?