ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Harvest email addresses?

(1/3) > >>

CleverCat:
My friend who I do a little work for asked me this:-

I know there is software that can harvest e mail addresses if one gives them
a domain.

Is this legal if it's to source info for customers?  :huh:

Rhutobello:
I have also heard about this harvest thingy...and I am sure it must be true....that is one of our reason to deny posting email in post...there must only be one reason for such program..S P A M, and maybe for the spam companies to get hold of valid email addresses to use as sender for their garbage. >:(

CleverCat:
I don't think that's his intention as he wants to use for clients he already has, as a means of contacting the Buyers in various Divisions - to save searching!

I've asked him....

Rhutobello:
and how will you sort it out?....aren't there a better way if searching for comp in the field of interest, and then contact them the proper way?....when you are harvesting then you get tons of info you don't need, but which can be used in a "not so proper way"...by "goal" seeking you get fewer address....but they all might count for what was intended :)

Lashiec:
Perhaps he wants to set up an e-mail distribution system? :huh:

Otherwise, I'm a bit lost here. What he exactly want to achieve with this? I think it would be easier to asks for e-mail addresses at the various companies he wants to do business with, than to harvest God knows how many addresses without any contact info attached. Not to mention all the implications such practice have attached.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version