topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:28 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Fastest page monitoring software / autowatcher  (Read 3995 times)

trickz

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Fastest page monitoring software / autowatcher
« on: July 21, 2009, 03:48 PM »
Hi all,

Does anyone know what software is the fastest for notifying you of a change in a page? I'm using website-watcher at the moment which is very good, but a bit slow to pick up changes.

Thanks  :)

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Fastest page monitoring software / autowatcher
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 04:08 PM »
If you have a version of WSW that includes the AutoWatch feature, you can set specific sites to be monitored as frequently as once a minute.  That might have some impact on your system if you have a lot of bookmarks that you want to check that frequently, but the point is that how quickly WSW picks up changes depends on how you set up AutoWatch.  Unfortunately, beginning with version 5, WSW no longer included AutoWatch in its least expensive version, a real loss.

trickz

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 04:15 PM »
Hey, thanks for the post. I've got the latest version of website-watcher (personal) to monitor every 10 seconds. I just want to monitor one page. If I try to set it less than that, it just gets worse as the refreshing of the page means I can't check it. I'm looking for software that is as close to instantaneous as possible, and can still work well...

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 09:22 PM »
Gee, I thought I was being hyper by asking Website Watcher to check a site every five minutes!  ;D 

I don't know of software that will check more frequently than every ten seconds.  I don't mean to pry (well, actually, I guess I do), but why would you want to do that?

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 02:22 AM »
Refreshing faster than every 10 seconds? Even on a LAN website that isn't heavily loaded, I'm not sure that's a super good idea. And if it's because you're trying to signup for a limited-users-with-automatic-prune site, I'm not sure you want to hit the page that often either...
- carpe noctem