ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help! Outlook Express problem.

(1/2) > >>

catalac:
I can no longer send any emails using outlook express, I get an error report stating "one or more of the recipients is rejected by the server" and it also states "Relay access denied". This problem started without any warning or changes, it applies to Replies and also to new emails. Can anyone help please?

techidave:
I have seen the first error when a user tries to send group emails and there is one bad address in the bunch.  delete it and resend.

AndyM:
There have been problems reported with Outlook Express after updating to IE8, although your problem isn't one I've read about.

Does the onset of your problem coincide with updating to IE8?

catalac:
Thanks technidave, I have tried this without success, so I have downloaded Windows Live Mail and set up a new email address, which is working fine with each of the addresses I was trying to send to! It also supports my original email address.
Thanks also AndyM, no, I haven't yet upgraded to IE8, so it must be something else.

techidave:
This has happened with Outlook on our school email.  I (wrongly) guessed that the same would be true with OE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version