ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Apollo onboard computer

<< < (3/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
Like some have noted this week, I don't think we should go to Mars unless we can do something there, e.g., establish a colony, grow marijuana legally, build a Wal-Mart, or something. Otherwise, it's a one-shot moment and poof, we're back to 'been there, done that.'
-zridling (July 21, 2009, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Isn't Copenhagen a lot closer? :)
-MilesAhead (July 21, 2009, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
They don't grow weed in christiania, they just sell it... and shoot eachother :)
-f0dder (July 21, 2009, 05:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Evidently they're lousy shots then.

Edvard:
Like some have noted this week, I don't think we should go to Mars unless we can do something there, e.g., establish a colony, grow marijuana legally, build a Wal-Mart, or something. Otherwise, it's a one-shot moment and poof, we're back to 'been there, done that.'
-zridling (July 21, 2009, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Isn't Copenhagen a lot closer? :)
-MilesAhead (July 21, 2009, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
They don't grow weed in christiania, they just sell it... and shoot eachother :)
-f0dder (July 21, 2009, 05:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Evidently they're lousy shots then.
-MilesAhead (July 21, 2009, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
How good can you aim when you're stoned?

I say we figure out how to get to Mars without sapping our economy EVEN MORE and then send up the "face on mars" people to investigate for themselves.

I didn't say we had to figure out how to get them back.

Innuendo:
Grow marijuana? On Mars?

Guess now I know why they call it the Red Planet.

mwb1100:
ps. for those of you who are tempted to try making one, be warned, this is a 3ft x 5ft entity:
-mouser (July 21, 2009, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, when I went to the site and saw that picture, my thinking went from "that's cool" to "that's f&^*!ing crazy! (but still cool)".

I have a hard enough time plugging stuff into my 120V mains using standard 2 or 3 prong plugs.  I'd go mad trying to get all those little wires hooked up right...

MilesAhead:
Grow marijuana? On Mars?

Guess now I know why they call it the Red Planet.
-Innuendo (July 21, 2009, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

People will be copping Panamars Red.  The guy down in Mexico growing the weed will put a bit of red sand in the baggy to convince everyone it's the genuine article. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version