ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

New scanner features for Screenshot Captor

<< < (9/10) > >>

mouser:
New version up with hourglasses for long scanning operations and better statusbar messages.

JoTo:
mouser,

what do you mean?

Maybe i was not clear enough. I could work in SC even when the scanner dialog was open. But when i then try closing SC i get a full hang of SC.

If you think, this is teasing, i must reply...if SC depends on the opened dialog (and this seems to be true or why would SC refuse to close normal if not depending)  it should safely disable its main window and do a Bell() when clicking sth. in it, as it is with every modal dialog within an app. Then the user is aware of "something is open anywhere" and can close that first.

Or do i misunderstand you here?

Greetings
JoTo

cranioscopical:
By some error you seem to have received an alpha copy of mouser's secret project, SCSK (Screenshot Captor and System Kidnapper).
Please sign the attached 1,000-page NDA and never speak of this again!

mouser:
Joto, if you can reproduce the problem in latest Screenshot Captor versions let me know -- as far as i can tell SC does open the scanner dialogs modally, and shouldn't let you interact with it until you finish scanning.  It sounds like perhaps something else went wrong and the scanner dialog being open was just a coincidence.

Occasionally I have found an SC bug where some SC dialog pops up modally but gets hidden behind sc window and then sc becomes unresponsive (alt-tabbing to SC usually fixes that).

mouser:
SC now registers itself as an application that can handle scanner button requests (unless run in portable mode), so you can trigger SC to scan when you push a button on your scanner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version