ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

New scanner features for Screenshot Captor

<< < (7/10) > >>

mouser:
New beta up with completely new interactive rotation-correction tool for scans.

mouser:
New beta up with more flexible interactive background removal options.

tomos:
morning :)

Rotation tool is working very well
-
only thing (very minor) is it can take a while to make the rotation if you choose 'Auto-detect' - might be a good idea to show an hour glass/waiting symbol ?

I was able to narrow down the scanning area - I presume in the 'Scan specific area' that the 'Left' & 'Top' boxes create a margin that isnt scanned? Worked here anyways :up:

Background removal -
I cant get this to work - scanning dark image on white (paper) background - it could be the fact it's paper - it's texture does get scanned which probably makes it difficult to remove - will try with a sheet of photo paper later

mouser:
Background removal -
I cant get this to work - scanning dark image on white (paper) background - it could be the fact it's paper - it's texture does get scanned which probably makes it difficult to remove - will try with a sheet of photo paper later
--- End quote ---

the new system lets you tweak the tolerance interactively; its that number down on the scanning toolbar.
as you change that now, youll see the selection box try to pick out the foreground.  try values around 140 or so.

tomos:
1) funny I just did exactly the same scan again (rectangular card, at an angle - needed an angle of -4 to correct skew) and auto-detect skew didnt work this time . . no idea why - instead of the required -4° rotation, it rotates image by 0.0999999999999943° (!)

2)
Background removal -
--- End quote ---

the new system lets you tweak the tolerance interactively; its that number down on the scanning toolbar.
as you change that now, youll see the selection box try to pick out the foreground.  try values around 140 or so.
-mouser (July 23, 2009, 02:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
A problem with Background removal:

it doesnt seem to work if the image is skewed
it doesnt seem to work then if the image is rotated and the image 'frame' is skewed
i.e. it requires a non-skewed image in a non-skewed frame to work properly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version