ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

$20 if you make me a 6' Molex cable. $10 for recommending a better solution.

<< < (6/10) > >>

Innuendo:
superboyac,
My question was unanswered & I'll ask again because I'm genuinely curious. Why were you asking about a molex connector extension when you are buying a SATA drive enclosure? The two just don't mix.

superboyac:
superboyac,
My question was unanswered & I'll ask again because I'm genuinely curious. Why were you asking about a molex connector extension when you are buying a SATA drive enclosure? The two just don't mix.
-Innuendo (July 20, 2009, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
The enclosure I bought has an alternative molex connection in the back.  It's there for emergencies, I suppose.  The normal connection for power is a mini-din plug that attaches to a brick power supply.  Since the brick was not enough power, the molex could provide more power when connected directly to my pc's psu.  That's why I was looking for a molex.

f0dder:
Pretty lousy quality picture, but that looks like a regular SATA power cable connector rather than the traditional IDE molex...

Innuendo:
Just as I thought. The port's label even says SATA Power. If that were a molex connector it wouldn't be as wide and it would have been taller than the SATA power cable.

I do hope you're happy with your purchase, but if you don't require hot-swap you could have bought a D-Link DNS-323 for about the same price (if you shop sales) and would have gotten a lot more functionality for your money.

superboyac:
Ok...I thought I made it clear.  Mine has a molex connector where the picture shows SATA power.  I couldn't find an exact picture of it.

I've seen the DNS-323.  The only think I didn't like about it was the plastic feel to it and the wobbly way everything connects.  And I did want hot swap, very much so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version