ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What have I done!?

(1/3) > >>

steeladept:
That is it, I have completed my application and acceptance for Doctoral Studies.  So now that it is done, what did I get myself into?  Am I really that much of a glutton for punishment?  Between this and a 4 year old and a two year old, I must be a masochist who loathes the thought of sleep.  On the up side, between what my employer will pay and the discount for my military service, it is actually free - as long as I maintain good progress (a C or better in each class they pay for is how they word it).

Guess I won't be seeing quite as much of this site, at least not socially.  Don't worry, though, I will likely be here for more specific information quests and in 3 years (according to the program) I will have a D.Sc in Information Systems and Communications.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Condolences?

Eóin:
How about best wishes and congratulations :)

40hz:
Bravo!! Go for it Doctor Steel!

If you get a chance, pick up a copy of this book:

Getting What You Came For: The Smart Student's Guide to Earning an M.A. or a Ph.D.

Worth it's weight in gold.

:Thmbsup:

steeladept:
Thanks for the congratulations...  I am just getting that jittery feeling similar to the one I got when I bought my first house.  The possibilities, they just abound.  The planning and dreaming of what it can become.  The payments associated.  The maintenance nightmares, the WHAT?  How did that turn so scarey so quick!

Yeah, that kind of wonder and remorse all rolled into one...

tinjaw:
Let the clock start. steeladept should disappear from the forum for a period of six months starting in about 18 months. That will be about the time we'll hear something to the effect of "I really really really need to start my thesis". ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version