topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 25, 2024, 6:35 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Recent web sightings: A Guide To Linux Audio Comm Channels  (Read 3289 times)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

tuxsing.png "And your bird can sing..."

Very nice article recently posted on the Linux Journal website for all musicians (and other odd types) who are interested in working with Linux audio and music applications. Something for everyone. :up:

Keeping In Touch: A Guide To Linux Audio Comm Channels
July 10th, 2009 by Dave Phillips in

Recently I asked readers for suggestions regarding Linux audio topics they'd like to read about in my articles. One response suggested a survey of the various Internet communications channels for Linux-based musicians. I liked the idea, so I considered my traditionally preferred channels, searched for and found interesting new connections, and wrote this guide to lead you on a tour of notable communications channels focused on Linux sound and music topics.

Link: http://www.linuxjour...-audio-comm-channels

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Recent web sightings: A Guide To Linux Audio Comm Channels
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 03:22 PM »
Great find; the blog list alone is worth the click. Linux Journal is one of my all-time favorite publications.

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Recent web sightings: A Guide To Linux Audio Comm Channels
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 10:39 AM »
Very nice.
I am always looking to expand my audio experience with Linux, and especially now that the Ubuntu kernels are realtime enabled by default (w00t! w00t! w00t!).

As soon as I can sit down and actually FINISH one of my musical trainwrecks, I'll post it for everyone to (hopefully) enjoy.
Right now, I've been spending time at the diystompboxes forums gathering advice to fine tune my latest "secret weapon"...

Oh, I do love the smell of solder smoke at 2:00 in the morning...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 10:41 AM by Edvard »