ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

start disk search only after several characters?

<< < (2/2)

cameos:
if your list of shortcuts are static, you can always create an alias for them so that they can invoked as you wanted. check out this thread and see 'Aliases' section.
-lanux128 (July 14, 2009, 11:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I currently use aliases, but I found that when I type a alias it's still quite slow because FARR is busy searching for folders...

mouser:
you can disable the search folders in the options -- just uncheck them.

ps.
if you want to still be able to search folders occasionally, what you can do is instead of unchecking them, edit them and add a keyword like fs for each of them; then when you want to search the disk you type +fs first.

cameos:
you can disable the search folders in the options -- just uncheck them.

ps.
if you want to still be able to search folders occasionally, what you can do is instead of unchecking them, edit them and add a keyword like fs for each of them; then when you want to search the disk you type +fs first.
-mouser (July 15, 2009, 12:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I will try this because I found search folders is painfully slow on my computer.

Needless to say, what I really want is: disable search folders for 1-char and 2-char (instead, search in my little 'index'), but automactically enable it for 3+-char when I actually need to search folders and build my 'index'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version