ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google Chrome: Time for a Second Chance?

<< < (13/19) > >>

MilesAhead:
When talking about basic stuff not working, I can't believe it but, I tried to bookmark a page with Chromium using Control-D.  Nuthin'.  I right clicked to get a context menu. Nuthin' about bookmarks!! I had to "Add Page" in the bookmark manager. Not only that but if you add the page title and hit Enter, it just goes away if you didn't already stick the URL in.  Really dropped the ball on that one!!!-MilesAhead (October 20, 2010, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Huh? Just click the star in the address bar. . .
-Deozaan (October 21, 2010, 06:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fine, but every other browser in the world uses Control-D.  I forget about stars in address bars because nobody else uses it. It's lame. If they are going to have a star in address bar, fine, but Control-D hotkey should be linked to it.

Deozaan:
I forget about stars in address bars because nobody else uses it.-MilesAhead (October 21, 2010, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Firefox uses a star in the address bar, too.

As someone who has never used Ctrl-D before, that shortcut doesn't even make sense to me. There's no D in "bookmark."

Of course, there's no J in "Downloads" either but I still remember that Ctrl-J brings up the Downloads list. So I guess I just contradicted myself. <shrugs>

MilesAhead:
It's bad when there's no option in the page context menu either. I've forgotten about the star in the address bar before. I'm likely to forget it again. Not really user friendly. They could at least compromise and put a command in the context menu.

Now I don't know what to think since it's a nightly build and I haven't found anything broken yet. :)

wraith808:
I forget about stars in address bars because nobody else uses it.-MilesAhead (October 21, 2010, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Firefox uses a star in the address bar, too.

As someone who has never used Ctrl-D before, that shortcut doesn't even make sense to me. There's no D in "bookmark."

Of course, there's no J in "Downloads" either but I still remember that Ctrl-J brings up the Downloads list. So I guess I just contradicted myself. <shrugs>
-Deozaan (October 21, 2010, 08:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't tend to use either of them.  I use keyboard shortcuts a lot when using anything else.  In the browser, my habits seem to change, and I always use the mouse, to the point of despising when I have to type in a url or search.

daddydave:
In the browser, my habits seem to change, and I always use the mouse, to the point of despising when I have to type in a url or search.
-wraith808 (October 22, 2010, 08:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Reminds me of something else: I miss the dropdown arrow to the right of address bar in Chrome a little bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version