ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google Chrome: Time for a Second Chance?

<< < (5/19) > >>

J-Mac:
I need Robo Form. Chrome does not support it. Or robo Form does not support Chrome - Which is it? There is a program called "Fast Pass" that purports to be as good as, or better than, Robo Form. That's questionable. I tried to get it to work with Chrome but couldn't manage to make it work.  It's supposed to...
-jfbowles (July 27, 2009, 07:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, you might be thinking of LastPass - I never heard of "Fast Pass" - and LastPass indeed has won me over from Roboform. Something I didn't think would ever happen. And no, LastPass doesn't purport to support Chrome, as Chrome does not yet allow add-ons. However they DO offer bookmarklets for Chrome and Opera. I haven't tried them in Opera yet but they work very well - surprisingly well - in Chrome.

Jim

cyberdiva:
No, you might be thinking of LastPass - I never heard of "Fast Pass" - and LastPass indeed has won me over from Roboform. Something I didn't think would ever happen. And no, LastPass doesn't purport to support Chrome, as Chrome does not yet allow add-ons. However they DO offer bookmarklets for Chrome and Opera. I haven't tried them in Opera yet but they work very well - surprisingly well - in Chrome.
-J-Mac (July 29, 2009, 02:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
I have been using LastPass in Opera and find it works very well.  I've put it on Firefox as well, where I also have RoboForm.  Now, when I use RoboForm to log onto a website, LastPass asks whether it too should save this info.  I usually say yes, so it is then available to me when I use Opera.

sjcs:
Initially, i didnt use chrome because of the lack of adblock, however once my firefox started taking ~1min to open, I looked into alternatives and found out that you can use privoxy to block ads, and apparently it even makes chrome load pages faster (although i dont know how thats meant to wokr :S)

A quick guide to setting it up is here.

superboyac:
For the first time, i have started using Chrome semi-regularly.  I will agree with many here:  it is fast.  I mean, really.  It's a lot faster and more responsive than firefox.

Firefox is still my main browser because I have it set up just the way i like.  But I'll tell you what, if i can get Chrome set up the way my FF is setup, i'll switch for good.  I love speed.

J-Mac:
For the first time, i have started using Chrome semi-regularly.  I will agree with many here:  it is fast.  I mean, really.  It's a lot faster and more responsive than firefox.

Firefox is still my main browser because I have it set up just the way i like.  But I'll tell you what, if i can get Chrome set up the way my FF is setup, i'll switch for good.  I love speed.
-superboyac (April 21, 2010, 09:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

I always run into errors and crashes with Firefox since I think 3.5 and I do keep Chrome ready to go at all times. Whenever Firefox gets a bug up you-know-where I just fire up Chrome, change it to the default browser - because it's a bitch using Chrome but forgetting and clicking links and having them open Firefox. I'd consider Chrome more seriously as my primary browser IF they would support extensions more vigorously, trim down the massive memory usage, and allow me to move the darned tabs from the very top of the screen. I'm using the developers version so I do have extensions installed but they work very intermittently. Chrome is lightning fast though; amazingly fast actually. I am always surprised when Firefox acts up and crashes and I fire up Chrome instead. I get ready to go pour a cup of coffee so all open tabs will be fully loaded by the time I get back but I can't even hardly get out of my chair and Chrome is ready to go. I know that a few of my extensions cause some slowness in Firefox but Chrome beats the pants off it speed-wise even if I start Firefox in Safe Mode.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version