ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google Chrome: Time for a Second Chance?

<< < (11/19) > >>

MilesAhead:
Latest nightly build changed version number to 8.0.558.0 for what that's worth. I just copied it to my W7(no install... using the zip file) and it came up ok.  So far I'm liking this Chromium zip way to doing things better than silent install.  I haven't noticed my extensions breaking or other bugs popping up out of nowhere.

I save my data and old zip for a few days to make sure it's stable whenever I update manually.

Josh:
Google Chrome is the troll of the version world! 1 to 8 in 2 years! That almost sounds like our very own mouser and his sub-version numbers :)

MilesAhead:
Google Chrome is the troll of the version world! 1 to 8 in 2 years! That almost sounds like our very own mouser and his sub-version numbers :)
-Josh (October 18, 2010, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh. Long as it works they can call it version 800. :)

y0himba:
My only complaint with Chrome is the way the extensions site is organized.  I would like to sort them by alphabet or at least be able to "See All" rather than the categories, so I can easily browse them.

MilesAhead:
My only complaint with Chrome is the way the extensions site is organized.  I would like to sort them by alphabet or at least be able to "See All" rather than the categories, so I can easily browse them.
-y0himba (October 19, 2010, 04:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

One thing I noticed weird about all the browsers is it seems really tough to find the latest download, and the release notes.  I don't know how many times I've searched around Mozilla site looking for release notes.  Or I search and get the latest beta, from 2008. They have everything set up like they are talking to somebody who never used the thing or even a browser before.  Less newb ad copy and more focussed text would be great.  The other peeve is sites with tiny "log in" button that I can't see.  So I have to search on "sign in" "log in" "Login" and blah blah just to sign in!! Sheesh!!! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version