ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google Chrome: Time for a Second Chance?

<< < (6/19) > >>

CleverCat:
and allow me to move the darned tabs from the very top of the screen.
--- End quote ---

This annoys me too!   :down:

zridling:
I've used the Linux version since it arrived way back without problems. And, it has all the extensions I was using with Firefox. Here are my favs:

AdBlock
Same as Firefox. CTRL+SHIFT+K lets you kill the code for any ad. CTRL+SHIFT+L lets you unblock something.

FlashBlock
Invaluable for silencing Flash videos. Click the transparent outline to make video appear and play.

Personalized Web
Also serves as an ad and Flash blocker, but more importantly, you can customize your font selection here.

Smoothscroll
Make scrolling as smooth and as fast as you want.

Session Manager
Save browsing sessions of open tabs.

Chromey Calculator
Mimics all the functions of the Google Calculator. Handy when I'm on the phone with a vendor.

Quick Extensions
Opens a page that lists all your extensions and lets you manage them from there.

Untiny
Get the original URL of any shortened URL. It expands most bit.ly addresses in Twitter; others it's a copy/paste is all.

AutoPatchWork
Automatically loads the next page and inserts into current page when you reach the end of the page, as Opera does.

There are a dozen others that I use only rarely and don't need, but these I like and do the job of blocking everything.

daddydave:
Well they did fix the decades-old (it seems) print selected bug, at least in the Dev channel.  :Thmbsup:

It's come a long way extension wise, but still missing a few of my faves.

J-Mac:
Well they did fix the decades-old (it seems) print selected bug, at least in the Dev channel.  :Thmbsup:

It's come a long way extension wise, but still missing a few of my faves.
-daddydave (June 08, 2010, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, there's an annoyance that I forgot to mention: no print preview. Whose bright idea was that "feature"?

Jim

MilesAhead:
Here's something interesting.  Apparently Chrome pings home on start-up to get a unique id(RLZ whatever that means) and this behavior was not supposed to happen with chromium(since it is "non-branded" as they say in marketing land.)  Well this user found it was still doing it in chromium. Supposedly the bug is now fixed. :)

http://www.listware.net/201008/chromium-discuss/30669-chromium-discuss-chromium-sends-data-to-google-upon-startup.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version