ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Companies Caught Spamming our Forum with Fake Posts

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
Maybe we need a thread keeping track of companies with a bad record of trying to spam our and other forums with FAKE posts that pretend to ask a question wondering about a program, and then have another user deliver an answer meant to convince people to buy/use the company's product.

Such behavior is extremely misleading and should call into question any positive review of the product.  It's highly deceitful and completely unacceptable, and is important to call out.

mouser:
Magic-PDF was caught spamming here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=19162.0

app103:
That's precisely why I have been giving any links being spammed here a bad rating and review on WOT.

Any site with a red mark and the comment reads "forum spammer" has been guilty of spamming dc.

http://www.mywot.com/en/user/148822/comments

Users of the WOT plugin for IE & Firefox will see the site ratings of any site they visit, and sites with an especially poor rating will even be blocked, if you have the settings configured to enable that.

I don't feel that leaving the offending spam on the forum just so we can link to it serves a good purpose. You'd be better off just making a list, supporting claims with screenshots if you feel the need, and getting rid of the spam.

wraith808:
I don't feel that leaving the offending spam on the forum just so we can link to it serves a good purpose. You'd be better off just making a list, supporting claims with screenshots if you feel the need, and getting rid of the spam.
-app103 (July 14, 2009, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed +1

mouser:
ok we could do that with a screenshot, but let me ask.. what harm is there in leaving it on forum where people can find it via search etc., assuming the links to the site are all marked as nofollow anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version