ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Corel PaintShop Pro X - 4 Free

<< < (2/7) > >>

PhilB66:
Yes you can disable the nag screen.

1. Make sure Corel Paint Shop Pro X is not running.
2. Go to Program Files\Corel\Corel Paint Shop Pro X\PCUUI\, make a backup (copy) of Container.htm first and then open it (the original) in notepad.
3. Delete all the text, replace it with the following:

location=”pcucmd://Cancel?confirm=no”;

and save it (as Container.htm).

4. Start Corel Paint Shop Pro X and close... you should not get the nag screen again. If that works, you may delete the backup copy of Container.htm

PhilB66:
Not sure about your second question, Curt. Did you allow Corel to change your file associations?

Dormouse:
I tested. Did a SaveAs jpg. No problems in being read by other progs. I'm pretty sure that will hold for all other image types.

Seems to be a full version issued as infrequent nagware (& easily disabled as PhilB66 showed - worked for me).

cyberdiva:
It's a fairly common practice for companies to make old versions of their software available for free and then "invite" you to upgrade to the most recent version.  Two examples that come to mind right away are the makers of SnagIt (who offered version 7, I think, for free, and then offered version 9 at a discount) and Ashampoo, which bombards me with offers for a zillion additional products/versions/whatever.  I don't mind an occasional offer of this sort, but Ashampoo's efforts are excessive, annoying, and hence counterproductive.  I'm now much less likely to buy any product from them.

y0himba:
You know, I have never gotten this nag, seriously. I didn't allow the program to check for new versions.  I was more worried about the Protexis service that isn't listed in the EULA and silently installs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version