ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Corel PaintShop Pro X - 4 Free

<< < (6/7) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Anyone else getting literally hundreds of error messages in the Event Viewer (applications) relating to the fact that the update service is not available for PSP X ???

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still get errors constantly.

y0himba:
The above method I posted works.  I am running my it without the Protexis service.

40hz:
The above method I posted works.  I am running my it without the Protexis service.
-y0himba (July 19, 2009, 10:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 with y0himba on this.

I've killed Protexis, and the copy of PSPx I downloaded courtesy of this offer is working just fine for me.

Go figure. :-\

(FWIW: I still have a copy of PSP version 7 loaded on my machine. And despite some of the very nice features found in the newer versions, I still prefer the older sibling. It's a lot easier to work with IMHO. Sometimes more = less. At least as far as I'm concerned.)

fenixproductions:
2y0himba
As for me: I can disable this service but only temporary.

Removing Protexis files from system32 folder makes PSP call "repair tool". Letting them stay there enables service after a while. I did not figure out what is the cause. Either PSP checks randomly its existence or there is something truly hidden on system startup. I don't know yet.

app103:
(FWIW: I still have a copy of PSP version 7 loaded on my machine. And despite some of the very nice features found in the newer versions, I still prefer the older sibling. It's a lot easier to work with IMHO. Sometimes more = less. At least as far as I'm concerned.)
-40hz (July 19, 2009, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad to see I am not alone.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version