Bought an Asus p5ql pro board and am trying to do the streaming part, but I have no idea of what to do.
I have no idea of what inf file I should choose when integrating drivers.
1) Start nlite and point it to your XP CD or the directory you've copied the files to, then click 'Next'.
2) Select 'Drivers' and 'Bootable ISO', then click 'Next'.
3) Select 'Insert Multiple Driver Folder' and point it at the directory that has the extracted P5QL SATA driver. It will add all drivers in that directory - don't worry, upon installation any drivers that aren't required won't be installed.
4) Click 'Next' then answer 'Yes' to start the process.
5) Give your ISO a label, (top left, 2nd down), and click 'Make ISO', save the ISO somewhere.
6) Burn the ISO to a disc using whatever you like, (nlite can do it but I prefer ImgBurn).
7) Job Done.
Alternatively, using DriverPacks:
a) Grab the MassStorage DriverPack from here
, (current version 9.01).
b) Grab the DriverPack BASE program from here
, (current version 8.12.5).
c) Extract and run the DPs_BASE.exe, it'll create a directory structure - copy the MassStorage DriverPack to the DriverPacks directory, (don't extract the DriverPack).
d) Click the '>' button in the BASE program until you get to 'Select location of platform' panel - Browse to the HDD directory containing the copied XP CD.
e) Click '>' and select 'DriverPack MassStorage 9.01' and 'DriverPack MassStorage text mode', (or Select All).
f) Click '>' and select 'Method 1'.
g) You can now leave the rest at default and just click the 'Slipstream!' button if you're using a bog-standard uncustomised XP install, (no extra programs installed at installation time).
h) The final XP directory can be turned into a CD using nlite and just the 'Bootable ISO' button.
i) You now have a XP CD that will install on almost any IDE/SATA controller, no matter what mode the SATA may be in, (IDE Compat, AHCI or RAID).