ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

clipboard enhancements

(1/3) > >>

bratliff:
The number of running programs should and could be as few as possible. Adding a scheduler(note reminder and ability to run programs) and personal information manager to the clipboard would eliminate having to run the scheduler. Schedulers usually have a pim included. I presently run winorganizer, but PIMEX is the best pim I have seen for my use. The more abilities a program has the more useful it becomes.

Your clipboard does partially eliminate my need for a spell checker. You might add a way to hotkey from a window that the text is highlighted and captured with the ctr-c and spell checked back to the original application. Example.
1. run note pad or any text program
2. write a paragraph
3. highlight the text
4. ctrl-c
5. spell check with ctrl-k
6. replace corrected text in note pad with ctrl-r

Best Regards, Robert Ratliff La Chorrera De Panama
Retired from Texas Instruments, Texas

mouser:
assuming we are talking about clipboard help+spell, you can do it even easier than you say :)
1) select the text from any app
2) hit ctrl+alt+v (or whatever chs shortcut you have set in the capture tab).  the will capture the text, launch chs and show it with spelling errors underlined.
3) press spellcheck button (maybe i should have an option to have this trigger automatically?), and do your spellcheck.
4) now press the icon that looks like a clipboard with an arrow leaving it to the right, that will copy the spellchecked text back over your original text.

you can use the same process for doing quick formatting of your text, not just spellcheck.

allen:
now press the icon that looks like a clipboard with an arrow leaving it to the right, that will copy the spellchecked text back over your original text.
-mouser (December 24, 2005, 11:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

There wouldn't be a keyboard shortcut for the buttons for sending to clipboard/send to active window would there?

kfitting:
Assuming I understand your question correctly, try this: View -> Options -> Startup/Hotkeys and check what you have for "Quick Paste Menu."  When pressed, this will bring up a list of things recently in the clipboard.  Pressing enter will paste the top entry, while the arrow keys will allow you to select from the list. 

Did I understand you correctly?

Kevin

allen:
Nope, saw that stuff.  Let's say I copy this text with the CHS shortcut, launching CHS.  I do my spellchecking and I want to send it back to the application.  There are buttons there for sending to clipboard and sendign to active window -- I was wondering how to access those functions sans mouse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version