ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

VirtualProtect

<< < (2/5) > >>

sajman99:
I was surprised when AntiVir Personal identified the download file vp2.2r5.rar as TR/Dropper.Gen Trojan. BUT with only McAfee-GW-Edition in agreement (2/41=4.88%) according to VirusTotal, I suppose I'll interpret the detection as a case of heuristics gone awry (ie. false positive). Thoughts?

EDIT: OK, I now see (in the Wilders thread cited by Zero3K) this virus detection is an ongoing issue. Earlier versions of VirtualProtect were detected, virus definitions were modified, later versions of VirtualProtect are detected, virus definitions are modified...and on we go. Gosh, I love my AV. :P

Good Day, sajman99

MilesAhead:
Where is the free? The sites in the above links timed out, so I couldn't read, but the Softpedia entry shows v. 2.2 Trial download with $100 for the genuine item.

edit: here's the Softpedia link:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Plugins/VirtualProtect.shtml

Zero3K:
The majority of the functionality IS free. The cache function is only useful for Netcafes.

sajman99:
Where is the free? The sites in the above links timed out, so I couldn't read...-MilesAhead (August 08, 2009, 04:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
I share your experience and confusion. I really haven't found much specific information on this software so far. To say it's like Returnil indicates it is system virtualization software, but the devil is in the details. VirtualProtect may be brilliant software, but Zero3K (or somebody else) needs to provide more details before I will install it. I shouldn't have to email the Chinese developer to get these details, even if he were to speak better English than me. ;)

@Zero3K: Specifically, what's free and what's not free? The cache works for a limited time only? Details please?

Zero3K:
I'll have the developer sign up here when he gets on his MSN account and then explain what the trial license means.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version