ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

[ImageShack hack] Blog hack? Please help!

(1/2) > >>

SKesselman:
Hi,
Anybody know where I can find out what this means?
I found it on my little sister's blog, it doesn't look like anything she'd post.
If you just scroll down a bit, you can see this image.
If it's a hack, can they do any damage? Thanks for looking...

mouser:
it seems that there is an issue with ImageShack getting hacked to display this image, when normally it would display an image uploaded by a person.

SO.. your sister's blog was not hacked.. but your sisters blog is linking to an image which is hosted on imageshack, and the original image has been replaced with this one.

Solution: tell her to find out where on the page the link is to that "image" (in a post she made, or an advert, or in a user comment), and modify or delete it.

--

Yet another reason not to use these image hosting companies like imageshack for anything permanent.

SKesselman:
Thank you mouser.
If you're sure this won't affect her blog (business blog!) then I won't wake her, I guess.
I've read people are losing their images entirely from this, gggrrrrrrr!!!!
Thanks again.

nosh:
Since she's on blogger I don't see the point of using an external file host unless she's also linking to the same images from her main site. Blogger hosts its own images and if you use Windows Live Writer to publish your blog the whole thing is done with a click, no need to upload & link separately.

Fantastic photography, BTW.

SKesselman:
Thanks Nosh. Yes, I think those 2 images are linked to her main business web site.
I'll forward your solution (and compliment  :) )to her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version