ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

HotkeyRing - One hotkey to rule all others (with plugin system)! AKA JustEnter

(1/5) > >>

justice:
We noticed that people spend too much time flicking between programs each with their own variations of hotkeys for identical features. Now you only need to remember one hotkey (also known as keyboard shortcuts) to command your favorite feature in any program!

HOW TO USE IT
For supported programs, press the hotkey button (Capslock by default - change via system tray -> preferences) and the feature for the active application will be launched. Press it again to cycle through the remaining instances. Support for your favorite program can be added by creating an hotkey definition for that program. Update HKR via system tray icon > preferences >  Help > Check for updates.

The following applications are supported in this version: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, Windows Explorer for the InputBar feature. For each of these applications it will cycle through the addressbar and searchbar of these applications.

* One smart shortcut to remember - hit it again to cycle through hotkeys for the application
* Add your favourite applications by creating simple ini files
* No learning curve
* Customizable hotkey and Run at Startup option
* DcUpdater Support

Screencast (it's hard to demo)

More information on ini structure is available in the readme.txt. See http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/Send.htm for syntax on special keys. You can edit/create definitions while the application is running.

FINALLY
Please share your comments, ideas and application definitions! This is quite an exciting release for me as its my first AHK utility that's extendable by its users.

Download Beta

justice:
_

cranioscopical:
Nice idea!.

JustEnter won't start with my codepage because ยง isn't recognized.
Easy enough to fix but perhaps not for an absolute beginner, which might deter trial.
Might you consider using a different key as the default?

lanux128:
cool idea! how to make the program access the textareas in Firefox? i took a look at data\firefox.exe.ini but not quite sure how to add them.

also had the same problem cranioscopical mentioned, edited the 'settings.ini' to make it work. attaching a screenshot of the error msg.

justice:
Hi, yes I was thinking of capslock first but there's some weird delay on my system with that key :) it might be the better hotkey. I'll have a new version early next week then that defaults to capslock (feel free to suggest better keys).

Lanux for this prototype its only possible to focus input fields that can normally be focused with hotkeys (AHK is substituting the hotkeys and cycling to them, binding them to a single key). But I'm sure more is possible and am happy to look into it.

Also I was thinking some processes might have windows which can benefit but other windows that can't within the same process so I'll look to have ini sections for each part of a windowtitle in a next version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version