ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

DC Updater FARR & Twitter Plug-In Issue

(1/3) > >>

siouxdax:
Hello all:
I'm having an issue with the DC Updater. It scans and says FARR needs updating, as well as my Twitter plug-in, and a couple of other things (all shown in the attached screenshot). It seems that FARR updates just fine, but then FARR pops up with the word "aplugins" in the FARR search field. I hit escape to close it, then DC Updater shows that the Twitter plug-ins still need updating. No setup file or anything to that effect shows up. Also, I question whether or not FARR actually updates, since DC Updater has been showing up frequently over the past couple/few weeks.

I'm hoping that I've explained the issue correctly. A screenshot of the issue is attached.

Thanks guys! As usual, you rock!

mouser:
i can see your problem.. you've got 2 instances of the twitter alias.
this can actually happen pretty easily because of how easy it is to accidentally unzip it into its on subdirectory.
go to your farr plugins directory
look for a twitter subdir in there, and then look for a twitter subdir in the twitter subdir -- delete that one.
then have farr check for updates again.
if the problem remains, then its a bug with the twitter package not with you.

siouxdax:
Okay, I found the duplicate folder in C:\Program Files\Find + Run Robot\AliasGroups\Installed\twitter. But upon updating I get the same result. How can I totally remove the Twitter plug-in so that it doesn't show in the DC Updater (it still shows two)? Maybe then I can reinstall the plug-in fresh.

Also, if you look at the screenshot I posted, the "Character_Table (FARR2 Plugin)" and "Data Generator (FARR2 Plugin)" both say "get version failed". What's up with that? How can I correct it? I really don't want to have to do a clean re-install of FARR, but if I have to then I'll need some instruction on how to backup all of my preferences, etc.

Thanks, mouser! You are the FARR God!... which is obvious since it's your creation.. :)

mouser:
character table and data generator are obsolete -- they were merged into czb's amazing czb pack:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=17153.0

so delete those in your directory and install the czb pack version.

As far as the
"C:\Program Files\Find + Run Robot\AliasGroups\Installed\twitter"

there HAS to be 2 copies in your FARR directory somewhere -- search for all .dcupdate files under C:\Program Files\Find + Run Robot\ and youll see them.
delete the older one which inside the .dcupdate will say twitter alias v 2.0
that will leave you with the good one.

hamradio:
Data Generator wasn't merged as that is one of my plugins. Just the dcupdate file you have points to the wrong url instead of donationcoders in the url like it once was it is now dcmembers.

On a side note I think I updated the dcupdate file in the one online @ http://carrolld.dcmembers.com/datagen/

Just download and replace the dcupdate file for Data Generator is all you have to do and let me know if that fixes it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version