ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..

<< < (78/96) > >>

CleverCat:
Sorry for delay in replying but was busy adopting a rescue cat! She was rescued and given to my neighbour's niece who had to re home her after 3 months as her Himalayan was fighting her. Previous owner shaved her and did a hack job....

Meet Isabella Maria Garcinez - a Pedigree Silver Back Chinchilla who doesn't climb trees but offending tree will be drastically trimmed!

CleverCat:
[quote PS - I posted this under the assumption you have a solid 2-meter high fenced back and side yard, and that the neighbor's dogs don't ever run loose;][/quote]

holt you are correct - 6 foot concrete wall and a 30 meter driveway to road with 10 foot front gates (This is crime ridden South Africa!) She bolts indoors at any noise...

CC

holt:
[quote PS - I posted this under the assumption you have a solid 2-meter high fenced back and side yard, and that the neighbor's dogs don't ever run loose;]-CleverCat (April 06, 2016, 02:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Meet Isabella Maria Garcinez - a Pedigree Silver Back Chinchilla...

holt you are correct - 6 foot concrete wall and a 30 meter driveway to road with 10 foot front gates (This is crime ridden South Africa!) She bolts indoors at any noise...

CC
[/quote]CleverCat, that is an awesome pussycat!  :-* Loved her at first sight! The all-wire cage I used as a 'kitten playpen' to yard train our cat was actually an old chinchilla cage. Big and roomy even for a full size cat, and even more so for a junior.

I just wanted to add another tried and proven method for even the worst dog problem; toss the dog/s treats (from a safe distance) daily, or whenever you see them. Get the owner's permission if you can, or sneak-toss the treats if you must. It is virtually impossible for a dog to eat and bark or bite at the same time. At first, the dog will be suspicious and grudge you an angry bark, but over time, a few days or weeks, he'll change his attitude, and can become much more friendly. The only dogs this may fail with are those little high-strung yappers, or specially trained guard dogs. It may not stop him chasing cats, but his basic disposition will be enormously improved, which is definitely a step in the right direction. I've done this many times.

CleverCat:
My friends say she is Royalty!

We don't even see those dogs behind the wall and they live with a cat so the owner was perplexed they would attack...

CC

holt:
My friends say she is Royalty!
CC
-CleverCat (April 07, 2016, 03:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
I agree!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version