ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..

<< < (28/96) > >>

CleverCat:
Sorry Crush.... :(

mouser:
Our heart goes out to you -- just remember that he lived a very happy life with you as his best friend -- not much more one can ask for in this life.

Darwin:
Crush - my condolences. I've only had to do this twice and it was very hard. However, whenever I reflect on it, I am happy that I was able to relieve their suffering quickly.

Crush:
I thank you all for your solicitousness!

Even one week after that bad day I have very hard feelings several times a day and dark thoughts. Every thing and place that recalls my dog is hurting. It helped a little bit that I collected all of Cliffs pictures and movies in a digital photoframe that´s always in sight and to visit his grave every day. I never could imagine that I can get so brutal sad after losing my dog.

40hz:
Even one week after that bad day I have very hard feelings several times a day and dark thoughts. Every thing and place that recalls my dog is hurting. It helped a little bit that I collected all of Cliffs pictures and movies in a digital photoframe that´s always in sight and to visit his grave every day. I never could imagine that I can get so brutal sad after losing my dog.
-Crush (September 24, 2009, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

The only thing to do for that is give it some time.

There's two dogs in particular I've lost that still cause a twinge of sadness every time I think of them. And I think of both of them at least once a day. And despite the fact they've been gone for several years now, losing them never really did stop hurting.

But oddly enough, over time, this same hurt acquired a paradoxically joyous overtone. Go figure. I guess it's something like the "good ache" you get when you exercise. It hurts, but it's also good for you.

Hang in there! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version