topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:30 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Show us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..  (Read 576567 times)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Show us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 10:46 PM »
So, who has more pet pictures?

SKesselman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 11:02 PM »
My sweet little baby - cute pose, huh? She didn't learn it from me...  :P
[Edit: GIANT photo removed - don't know how that happenned, sorry!]
[Edit: here she is.]
-Sarah
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:57 PM by SKesselman »

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 02:31 AM »
My Tuffy & Tigger - both 'ladies'  ;D
Tuffy.jpg
Tigger.jpg

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 07:07 AM »
not sure what to say here. below is a picture of Pepper as a puppy. had to take her to be put to sleep a few months ago aged about 12 years. i won't go into the details other than to say i felt like i'd done the worst thing imaginable; i'd destroyed something of total vitality and joy - i didn't understand what grief meant until that day (i'm incredibly upset now just thinking about it). there are genuinely good and pure things in this universe and Pepper was one of them. she had the playful spirit and energy of a young dog right up to her last day. sorry, i'll stop going on about it now.

pepper.jpg

below is Millie (left) and Sophie (right). they are about 14 years old. they like eating, sleeping, and walking. Millie still gets excited and barks a lot when it's time to go for a walk. Sophie likes to make pathetic whining noises whenever she wants something, i.e. more food.

millie-&-sophie.jpg

Whereismyangel

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Imagic2015
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 07:16 AM »
Whereismyangel -- hahahaha love it! what a great looking cat! what's it's name?

Well...I really wanted to find something very unusal, very rare, and show to the world I was such a smart and brilliant guy...so I named her 'Kitty' !  :D :o ;)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 07:34 AM »
thanks nudone, I think that about most animals - that they are 'are genuinely good and pure', if not it's usually unfortunately because people have corrupted them . .  
They're all lovely looking dogs btw

this thread has been very moving at times - thanks all  :-*

Tom

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 08:01 AM »
true, tomos. you tend to find a better class of person in an animal. and i agree about this thread too.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2009, 08:14 AM »
here's two that got new homes when I moved abroad - cute huh?

Sam_n_FiFi_m.jpgShow us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..

sam n fifi . . funny though, they never did get on when they grew up fully. She hit puberty very young and started flirting like mad with all the big toms around the place. He was older but still a teenager and felt (& was) left out - maybe he was already neutered even :-\  (sounds like a dramatic romantic novel lol)
She got neutered after the first litter - each kitten looked like a different one of the toms :tellme: :)
Tom

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2009, 11:53 AM »
I (we) have a zoo!

Pudems & Alaska:
[attachthumb=#1][/attachthumb]

Chico & Alaska:
[attachthumb=#2][/attachthumb]

No, this is not staged. This is how Chico sleeps.
[attachthumb=#3][/attachthumb][attachthumb=#7][/attachthumb]

Minnie:
[attachthumb=#4][/attachthumb][attachthumb=#5][/attachthumb]

Minnie, Alaska, Washington and Ivana (the 'her' in 'we')
[attachthumb=#6][/attachthumb]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 12:04 PM by tinjaw »

y0himba

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Yar.
    • View Profile
    • y0himba.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2009, 11:56 AM »
They call our house "Kathy's Zoo" (My wife's name) because of all the animals we have, as seen above.  We periodically take them in, nurse them to health or clean them up, and find them decent homes.
* y0himba likes a home zoo :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2009, 01:10 PM »
had to take her to be put to sleep a few months ago aged about 12 years. i won't go into the details other than to say i felt like i'd done the worst thing imaginable; i'd destroyed something of total vitality and joy - i didn't understand what grief meant until that day (i'm incredibly upset now just thinking about it).

we had to put my dog "Clipper" to sleep many years ago.. it was a very hard experience and extremely sad.  but I still have the memories of him so he will live on in that way.. it's all we can do for anyone we love who has to move on.

ljbirns

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2009, 06:55 PM »
Fred   & Ginger     

Lew

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2009, 08:51 PM »
Here's mine. (see attachment in previous post)
-cranioscopical (July 09, 2009, 07:47 PM)

EDIT 4 (FINAL): 2 pictures moved to Imageshack due to forum file size constraints - my apologies to those whom have trouble with/don't like IS

Whoa, freaky... we too have an all-black female German Shepherd, with the same amber/golden eyes :o

Some background about her:
Her name is "Ebony" and she is 6 this year I believe (human years, that is). We have had her for about 4 and a half years now, and she now resides with another new puppy (more on him later). Good dog, smart - she used to not listen unless you indicated that you were in charge, but now I can simply go outside and say something like, "Ebony, go in your run" (as if I am talking to another human - she understands what I tell her quite well... its kind of scary) and she will happily trot into her little gated area (well, its actually quite big, but that's not the point). She was abused as a puppy by her previous owner, beaten and malnourished... we got her from the kennel the day she was to be put down; a friend of my dad's told us about her.

The first year or so especially, when we would go outside to work or clean the yard, she would cower and run away if we we're holding shovels or using a lawnmower, things like that. Now I can walk up to around a foot from her and scoop up what she "leaves behind" and she will casually lay there, looking around or watching me curiously. She knows she is cared for and that this is her home - on several occasions we have left the backyard gate open for several hours, only to come back out to close it and find her watching it to make sure no one comes in that she isn't familiar with. Only once (about 2 months ago) did she wander out, and that was only to the neighbors driveway (she came back on her own will easily and happily, tail wagging, once we came out and saw her).

ebonyinrunonsaturdayjul.jpgShow us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..

----------

Doggie #2 (sister's):

My sister recently got out of pull-ups and learned to use the bathroom because of this cute puppy (for the curious, my sister turned 10 in March). I'm not sure what he is, kind of a mix of 3 or so breeds seems to be the consensus. She has named him "Jack" (made it up herself, he seems happy with it as well) and has been living here for the last 2 and a half weeks, along with Ebony (above). The two get along quite well together and it turned out nicely for everyone. My sister goes out at least once if not 2, 3, 4, or 10 times a day (and this is the Arizona desert!) to go play with him and Ebony, and its really changed how she acts. He is a quiet puppy (surprisingly enough) and will keep near Ebony for protection and care, and they wrestle often (usually followed by my sister panicking, thinking they are fighting).

IMG_2532.JPGShow us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..

----------

Hamsters (sister's):

We also have two female hamsters, Rose and Patunia. Patunia has taken up some kind of anger-problem and bites anyone that tries to pick her up anymore. It got so bad with the two fighting that they now have separate cages. They are dwarf hamsters, so they don't grow much bigger than the palm of your hand (about half that width wide, same height/length). Cute and fun though, and interesting to watch and pet (well, Rose anyways). Most people wonder how we keep the two names correct - my sister came up with the rather simple/clever idea of using some Scotch tape and writing the name on that tape, and applying it to the cage.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5413/img0768wdx.jpg

----------

Fish (sister's):

Not much to say here... we originally had 2 fish (this was years back) + a crab ("Crabby" or "Crabbie", not sure). We have gone through several both secret and admitted waves of wish (we had a month-long span of weekly-dying fish, still no idea what caused it :tellme:). There are supposed to be names for the now 5 (? not completely sure) fish we have, along with the two frogs... I don't see it :P

DSCN0035.JPGShow us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..
DSCN0036.JPGShow us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..

----------

Rabbits (neighbors moved out and abandoned them (!)):

Well, not much of a story here - next door neighbors who have lived there for the last 4 years or so just up-and-left one day, leaving their two rabbits out front. We found them out in their front yard, scared, with no food and water. My mom and sister went out and gave them a bowl of baby carrots and another full of cold water, and that night we went out and "rescued" them from the trash-filled yard (they not only left a massive pile of garbage, but the yard itself was beyond disgusting, littered with everything from pop cans to razor blades to lightbulbs and general filth :sick:).

(Don't ask me why the one bunny is sitting on their carrots... I wouldn't go eating them :P also the dog carrier we used to hold them for prep and transit to the Humane Society looks dirty, but keep in mind it is about 25 years old, so those are simply stains and not actual dirt or anything (we cleaned it prior to bringing Jack home with it, about two weeks before))
DSCN1553.JPGShow us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..
DSCN1554.JPGShow us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..

I'm kinda glad I am going to be moving out of here in a couple years - my sister wants to become a veterinarian, and it looks like she wants her own zoo as well :tellme:

had to take her to be put to sleep a few months ago aged about 12 years. i won't go into the details other than to say i felt like i'd done the worst thing imaginable; i'd destroyed something of total vitality and joy - i didn't understand what grief meant until that day (i'm incredibly upset now just thinking about it).

we had to put my dog "Clipper" to sleep many years ago.. it was a very hard experience and extremely sad.  but I still have the memories of him so he will live on in that way.. it's all we can do for anyone we love who has to move on.

Several years back I had my own dog, "Duke". He wasn't too smart, but he was playful and hyper, and always wanting to do whatever I did. For some reason he had this love of eating rocks - no matter what the size or quantity. The people whom built the house were kind enough to use the lowest grade dirt available, so rocks were literally everywhere in the yard (you can still find them by digging slightly, but all surface rocks are finally gone, almost 11 years later). One day back in the 3rd grade (I believe, may have been 4th) I was sitting eating lunch at the table, around 12:20, and got this strange feeling of worry and sadness over me. When I got home that day, Duke was not there. My mom and dad had rushed him to the animal hospital due to something with his intestines (I don't remember what specifically), but to save him would cost a several-thousand dollar operation along with expensive medication, and even that wasn't going to guarantee he would live very long, so they had put him to sleep at about 12:20. I still have his small green, clip-together collar.

I loved Duke so much... :'(

EDIT: Here is his collar, the tags still attached (DC forum file size limit reached, so ImageShack... sorry guys)
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/4865/dscn0037a.jpg
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 11:32 PM by wreckedcarzz »

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2009, 10:50 PM »
Few years ago I had dozen of mice. They were more clever than any other animal I've ever met  :P

mice_001.jpgShow us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 12:56 PM by fenixproductions »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2009, 08:31 AM »
EDIT 4 (FINAL): 2 pictures moved to Imageshack due to forum file size constraints - my apologies to those whom have trouble with/don't like IS
-wreckedcarzz (July 10, 2009, 08:51 PM)

I'm not going to even click on them if they're that big (I'm saving up for the 28" monitor but I keep spending it on other stuff :-\)
whens your birthday? I'll get you an image resizer - oh look they're free* :P :D

* well this one - Resizer is, and the Faststone one is too
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2009, 08:58 AM »
whens your birthday? I'll get you an image resizer - oh look they're free

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2009, 02:56 PM »
-wreckedcarzz (July 10, 2009, 08:51 PM)
I'll get you an image resizer - oh look they're free* :P :D

Don't blame me for owning a 8MP and 10.2MP camera :P

(Thank god my dad's computer holds the photos, this little HD would explode)

On a side note, it would be nice if it was possible to resize-on-upload, dunno if that's possible for SMF but for us people that don't pay attention/are lazy *cough*, it would be nice ;)

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2009, 05:25 PM »
meet the dude...
TheDude.JPGShow us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2009, 05:29 PM »
great stuff wreckedcarzz, and everyone else :)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2009, 05:45 PM »
meet the dude... (see attachment in previous post)
Good-looking dog!

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2009, 06:09 PM »
Good-looking dog!
-cranioscopical (July 14, 2009, 05:45 PM)

trouble is he know's  :o

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2009, 06:42 PM »
@Target:

An Alaska Malamut?  :Thmbsup:  (at least that is the only name from type of dog that is known to me)
My brother had one years ago, only that one had two blue eyes (quite rare in the breed, I was told). That was the most friendly dog I ever met and when people lay first eyes on the dog they always were not so pleasantly surprised to downright afraid of those eyes.

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2009, 07:03 PM »
@Target:
An Alaska Malamut?  :Thmbsup:  (at least that is the only name from type of dog that is known to me)

close, but not quite - he's a Siberian Husky

not sure about Malamutes, but in Sibe's blue eyes are relatively common - they can have blue or brown eyes, or a mix, in our case what's called a party colour where the eye is part blue and part brown

and with regard to his nature, his name says it all :Thmbsup:

Clive

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2009, 06:23 AM »
One of our wild "pets" in the garden just outside the kitchen window.

snapshot20090718193111.jpg
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 07:10 AM by Clive »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2009, 12:53 PM »
One of our wild "pets" in the garden just outside the kitchen window.
 (see attachment in previous post)

hah, super  Clive -
are they like stray cats where you live :)
do you feed them?
Tom