Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 01, 2014, 08:48:30 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Show us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..  (Read 99320 times)
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2009, 12:58:49 PM »

tomos, thank you for giving me nightmares  mad

I thought he was kindof cute with a trunk tongue
A mammoth mistake if you ask me!

As you can see, we're busily training both pups to hover.
This one's a bit low on the front end, so we've instigated additional ear-flapping exercises to develop increased lift.

Next month, walking on water.

Chris
Target
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2009, 01:24:21 AM »

Four months old now, and already doing one-legged push-ups!
 (see attachment in previous post)

what the dog's saying...

"...singing in the rain, i'm singin... hehe eat your heart out Fred Astaire"

or

"I wish I Knew why they keep calling me windmill"

"Look wise, say nothing, and grunt. Speech was given to conceal thought" - Sir William Osler
kyrathaba
N.A.N.Y. Organizer
Honorary Member

while(! dead_horse){beat}

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2010, 03:27:24 PM »

if only I had a real dog to hold...

who is more relaxed?

I guess that answers that question...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 03:37:58 PM by kyrathaba » Logged

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit-SP1 AMD Athlon II X2 220 Socket AM3 (938) @ 2.1GHz 6GB RAM Firefox 26.0
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm fighting against patent trolls. Join me and tell your representative to support the #SHIELDAct: https://eff.org/r.b6JJ /via @EFF

My DC page: http://kyrathaba.dcmembers.com | My blog: http://williambryanmiller.com/ | Proofreading Service: http://bit.ly/1fQSqQP

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2010, 03:58:33 PM »

smiley
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2010, 04:02:48 PM »

we actually have a thread where this would be at home:
http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=19111.0
kyrathaba
N.A.N.Y. Organizer
Honorary Member

« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2010, 04:41:51 PM »

awesome: feel free to move it; sorry I didn't realize...

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit-SP1 AMD Athlon II X2 220 Socket AM3 (938) @ 2.1GHz 6GB RAM Firefox 26.0
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm fighting against patent trolls. Join me and tell your representative to support the #SHIELDAct: https://eff.org/r.b6JJ /via @EFF

My DC page: http://kyrathaba.dcmembers.com | My blog: http://williambryanmiller.com/ | Proofreading Service: http://bit.ly/1fQSqQP

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2010, 04:47:54 PM »

merged it.

and now let's see some more photos from everyone!
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2010, 05:48:29 PM »

Cat Herman

Cat Sophie

Strength in Knowledge
parkint
Supporting Member

It's bad luck to be superstitious

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2010, 08:50:27 PM »

My wife and I have rescued over a dozen animals in the past ten years.  Many times, after unsuccessfully locating an owner, they become a part of the family.
Here are the two we have at the moment.

kyrathaba
N.A.N.Y. Organizer
Honorary Member

« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2010, 08:56:47 PM »

CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2010, 03:17:47 AM »

My wife and I have rescued over a dozen animals in the past ten years.  Many times, after unsuccessfully locating an owner, they become a part of the family.
Here are the two we have at the moment. (see attachment in previous post) (see attachment in previous post)

You are a star!

If you need help - JUST ASK!
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2010, 03:27:41 AM »

Where do I put my legs?  Grin

If you need help - JUST ASK!
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2010, 11:47:27 AM »

I keep forgetting this thread, but I just found the wife's cell phone backup which has some pictures in it. So...

Here's Riggs (on the left) and Max:

And Here's Molly (She's a rescue) by our pool:

Molly was only supposed to be visiting for a weekend, but she curled up in my lap that Saturday morning ... and never left. To be honest, I caved in less than 20 minutes.
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2010, 02:40:51 PM »

A year later and still can't hover properly.

1 year ago

Chris
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2010, 08:59:41 PM »

Here is a pic of the new addition to my family, hes a 5 month old Bull Mastiff X Rottweiler called Munch (He eats everything he can lay his paws on)

Hes only about 14 week on these pictures as hes not stayed still long enough since for me to get a good pic of him lol
(Warning: clicking the first picture may blow up your computer...you have been warned)

Oh, my appolgies, I DID get one of him recently...2 minutes before he went to sleep on my bed  Angry lol

He is rather mental...but that could be because he lives with me...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:23:33 PM by Stephen66515 » Logged

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
PeterRossy
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2010, 07:35:24 AM »

here's my pussy-dog)
timns
Supporting Member

Veni, vidi, debuggi

« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2010, 05:37:38 PM »

I only found this thread today, and I hope my comment here is not inappropriate, but I would like to share:

This is my little dog, Max. We got him about a year ago from a local shelter. He'd been kept alone in a car port, after being given up during a messy divorce. When he was rescued he was a mess - severe ear infections, abscessed teeth, fur falling out and on the verge of giving up.

The good people at http://fureverafter.net/ got him back on his feet and I was lucky enough to adopt him in November last year. (You can read his and many other inspirational stories on the site).

He was a terrific dog in every way - calm, playful, affectionate and wonderful company. I work at home most of the time and he would either play or snooze behind my chair the whole time. He even quickly learned that if the phone rings, it's time to sit quietly until I'm done (see picture below, snapped on my iphone just after a call).

He certainly made his way into our hearts with his antics, doggedness (sorry) and all-around lovely temprament.

Unfortunately, just recently he was diagnosed with an extremely aggressive cancer behind his left eye. We were told that treatment was out of the question and despite a no-expense-spared dash to the best experts we could find in Vancouver, all that could be done for him was palliative care.

After being given only a few weeks to live, our little dog lost his fight this morning. It's going to be a lonely Christmas.

So long old pal.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »

he looks so cute and full of personality.  i am so sorry for your loss.. just looking at him makes me miss him and i never met him.

the most important thing you need to remember is how happy you must have made him -- especially considering his prior life before you, you made his life worth while and just being there for him meant the world to him i'm sure.  what more could a dog ask for.

timns
Supporting Member

Veni, vidi, debuggi

« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2010, 05:55:28 PM »

Thank you very much.

I sure hope I did a good job and gave him a happy year. I shall miss the little guy very badly.

It leaves you wondering how one small animal can be so damned unlucky  Sad

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2010, 06:12:24 PM »

It leaves you wondering how one small animal can be so damned unlucky

He probably considered himself very lucky indeed to have had such a good year with you, and given all of the suffering in this world, i would be inclined to agree with him.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 06:15:09 PM by mouser » Logged
Shades

« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2010, 06:28:28 PM »

When my friend was constructing his house here, the workers adopted a drifter dog (female) that since then guarded the place. When I fixed the electricity in this house, I also was endeared to this sweet girl. Two months ago she even produced offspring (5 puppies) and all seemed to be going well for her. She was even nurturing 3 puppies from another dog here in the neighborhood.

But then a disease struck her, I forgot the name, but it was lethal and transferable to humans. My friend has four kids running around the house, so it was quickly decided that she would enter the eternal sleep at the vet and soon. I understand that they did this yesterday.

It is indeed wonderful how dogs can capture your heart and become your friend. Losing them leaves an empty space in heart and mind. Luckily there is her offspring as legacy which I hope turns out as wonderful, gentle and caring as she was.

@timns:
Not only do I understand you, I sympathize with you as well. Dogs live in the here and now...and in the picture he looked happy.
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2010, 09:41:26 PM »

@timns:

I am very very sorry for your loss, he did look very happy which shows you obviously took excellent care of him and loved him very very much.

My deepest condolances to you and everyone who loved him.

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2010, 11:55:05 PM »

timns - I'd like to echo what mouser said: what a fortunate dog to have found you; I am sure that he was very happy in his year with you.

I lost a dog to cancer myself a few years back and it was very hard. My sympathies.

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2010, 08:53:04 AM »

sorry to hear that, timns. (you'd not mentiond your dog in our skype chats.) i'm sure you made a world of difference to Max's life. how wonderful to be able to do such a thing.
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2010, 09:05:25 AM »

timns and Shades
I'm lost for words Sad hang in there

Tom
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.057s | Server load: 0.41 ]