ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > BrowserTraySwitch

No longer switching default browser..

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
miles -- note that he is trying to use my BrowserTraySwitch program to do the switching -- so he's not just interested in a one-time switch.

MilesAhead:
I understand, but if doing it through the browsers, back and forth, doesn't even work, then there's likely another problem.  Just wanted to see if the basic bug work-around worked to see where he's at. :)

mouser:
I understand, but if doing it through the browsers, back and forth, doesn't even work, then there's likely another problem.
--- End quote ---

great point.  first step is to make sure the browsers themselves can assert themselves as new default browsers.  if they can't, then there is something else going on.

VsUK:
Oh yeah, i can manually switch my default browser by opening the browser & doing it there & all works fine, but thats to slow for my needs, i need something i can click click & job done without doing it via the browser options.

Edit..

Ive tested it on 3 systems, 2 xp pro & 1 with xp home & all act the same so i know its nothing to do with my system settings as i do like to tweak things a wee bit :D

mouser:
ok ill investigate.. maybe one of the xp service packs broke something..

question: do you log into xp as administrative user or as a normal user? maybe that has something to do with it.. i use xp as admin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version