topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 6:45 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Who has tried Radmin for remote access to PC?  (Read 4817 times)

Scrudge

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Who has tried Radmin for remote access to PC?
« on: July 13, 2009, 07:30 AM »
Radmin (Remote Administrator) is fast and secure remote PC access software that enables you to work on a remote computer as if you were sitting right in front of it and access it from multiple places. Radmin includes full support for Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), file transfer, multi-user text and voice chats, Windows security, Kerberos authentication, 256-bit AES encryption for all data streams, telnet access, multiple monitors support and unique DirectScreenTransferâ„¢ technology. Radmin utilizes the ever-present TCP/IP protocol - the most widespread protocol used in LANs, WANs and the Internet.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Who has tried Radmin for remote access to PC?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 10:21 AM »
not sure whether this is spam nor not -- it's in the right section for posting about your product but usually not meant for someone to just come paste a paragraph anonymously.

Regardless,

I am a long time registered owner of Radmin (http://www.radmin.com); it works pretty well for me and has some nice multi-monitor support (though the display update is sometimes a bit glitchy).

However, many of the free solutions have grown up a lot in the last 5-10 years and may represent good alternatives at this point, programs such as TightVNC (http://www.tightvnc.com/).

It would be nice to read a comparative review of the various remote control products (including the one that is built into Windows).

EDOlsson

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 01:49 PM »
For the past 3-4 years, my wife has used RAdmin to remotely connect to a computer at a company where she used to work (small business).  She does all her work via that connection, and it has always worked as advertised.

The response time has been adequate, and it has been very reliable for us.  I'd recommend the software.

y0himba

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Yar.
    • View Profile
    • y0himba.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 06:04 PM »
I have been using Teamviewer for my clients, at home I use UltraVNC on the LAN for it's chat and file transfer.  Both free, although Teamviewer allows purchase of a commercial license.

Scrudge

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 08:40 AM »
Thank you for the answers. I tried this software and I liked it that is why I wrote about. Just wanna know other opinions.  ;)