topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 24, 2024, 7:07 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: AI program for instant messengers  (Read 6549 times)

bratliff

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
AI program for instant messengers
« on: December 23, 2005, 07:58 PM »
I used to run THE FLASH BBS, a bulletin board used from multiple countries. One of the programs for it was an AI answering machine for when the users paged the sysop. It would key off keywords and answer the pager with edible pre programmed responses. It logged the conversations and was a lot of fun when you read the log and saw how long it took them to realize they were talking to a machine. There were multiple responses to each key word. I have not seen anything similar after the web took over the computers communications. It would be a great shareware program to use on the instant messengers. I would like to interest a programmer to program something similar.

Robert Ratliff [email protected]

Backslash

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: AI program for instant messengers
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 07:53 PM »
Yeah, I loved programs like that!

There are a few similar programs available today.  I haven't tried many, but I do know about TrillAlice, a plugin for Trillian implementing the A.l.i.c.e. chat system.  http://plugins.estmatic.net/trillalice/
Lots of fun.  You can find out more about the Alice system in general at http://www.alicebot.org/ .  There's a lot to look through!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: AI program for instant messengers
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 07:57 PM »
if you can find one of these addins that has source included it would be a lot easier for someone to modify that sourcecode to do something more specific like you want bratliff.