topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: What is your prefered source of registry tweaks?  (Read 20181 times)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: What is your prefered source of registry tweaks?
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 10:23 AM »
You never learn if you never take a risk.  Just back up what you can. It's your machine after all!!(just don't practice while accessing my online banking please) :)
-MilesAhead

I wholeheartedly agree! Most of what I know has been self-taught, but my words of warning were strictly for the newbies & inexperienced. If they screw up their registries it's highly doubtful they are going to have the skill to fix it. Which means annoying a friend to beg them to come over to fix it or it's a trip to the repair shop and a costly repair bill.

Advice to the inexperienced regarding the registry: Always research first what you are thinking about changing. Don't always assume the change you are about to make that seems logical always is.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2009, 04:12 PM »
You have to get your friends to do backups with an image backup.  Just tell 'em if they don't care enough to do that much, you don't care enough to rip your hair out for 'em. ;)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 01:55 PM »
Fortunately, everyone I know with a PC either knows what they are doing or they know to leave things alone with an "if it's not broke don't try to fix it" mentaiity.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 04:18 PM »
Fortunately, everyone I know with a PC either knows what they are doing or they know to leave things alone with an "if it's not broke don't try to fix it" mentaiity.

That's my motto.  Wish MS would do

My mistake.  I thought I could almost hear the pain in your post. I used to be a mechanic.  When neighbors would ask for advice I'd say sure, but I'll just stand here with my arms folded and make suggestions.  If you do it and it doesn't work, well I never touched it dude!! If they went on that basis then I'd help 'em out.  But I learned fast to avoid the "it never did that until you touched it" BS! ;)