ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: sync single files HD <-> USB stick

(1/2) > >>

brotherS:
Hi,

I'd like a simple script that would check x minutes if volume "USB" exists at H: and if so, would copy a file from the HD to a folder on the USB stick. This would be perfect to automatically copy the current version of AutoHotkey.ini to the USB stick.

If you, skrommel, or others have some ideas, I would be delighted :)

mouser:
there are lots of "directory watching" tools that do stuff like this..  can't remember the names but if you search for "watch directories" + freeware i'll bet you find some.  let us know what you come up with.

alecjw:
Sometimes with pen drives, I find that the drive letter changes each time you plug it in. Maybe if you programmed someting which could find the right drive by searching its contents rather than going to a specific drive letter... (rest left to your imagination...)

brotherS:
Thanks at you both for the ideas. I tried to find Google to find one, but was not successful - yet. Also, I'd prefer to use AHK for that because AHK is always running already, I wouldn't add yet another program to AutoStart :)

mouser:
good idea wrt changing drive letters - i think searching for the file/dir at a certain location on each drive makes a lot of sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version