ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox --3.5-- Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (14/16) > >>

sri:
Regarding the subject of the thread, extensions for FF 3.5: I did update my Firefox 3.0 when the "final" 3.5.3 was launched, but removed it again and went back to 3.0, because too many extensions were broken. Far too many! Yes, 3.5 is notable faster, but other than that, all I could think of was how I was missing this and that feature.
-Curt (September 12, 2009, 05:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I use https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/421 to force compatibility for add-ons that are not yet updated. They work fine.

mwang:
Yes, MR Tech Toolkit should do the trick. Or, if you don't want to install a 300K extension just for the purpose, then you may disable extension compatibility check manually in about:config or in prefs.js. The item to look for is "extensions.checkCompatibility" (you have to add the item manually if you're editing prefs.js directly for it doesn't exist by default).

Innuendo:
Or another alternative is to just directly edit the extensions to provide support for Firefox v3.5x. However, there might be a very good reason why they don't work with v3.5x. You could end up with a real mess on your hands if you are not careful.

As I advised a few other people on this forum it might benefit you greatly to do a manual check for updates to your extensions to work with v3.5. When I upgraded from v3.0 I had lots of extensions that did not work, but when I checked the extensions' home pages and http://addons.mozilla.org manually I found updates to all of them to work with v3.5 that Firefox's auto-update were not picking up.

Failing that, give us a list of extensions that do not work for you & we may be able to suggest replacements that work just as well or better than the ones you are using.

Curt:
what is this   you have lured me into installing?  it is  T E R R I B L E !

I am now re-installing 3.0, and removing Mr Tech.

Edited: Okay, I don't have to remove Mr Tech.
Something went terrible wrong with FF 3.5, but I don't know why.

MilesAhead:
Actually it has nothing to do with FF version.  Launchy has always worked like that on my machines.  Maybe it just doesn't like HP I don't know.  

Anyway, to get back on topic, someone recommended PrintPDF  It's cool, among other uses, for those situations when you get a receipt for an online purchase that doesn't "save page as" properly and you don't really want to print out hard copy.  Just "print" to PDF using this addon and save the file in your receipt folder.  Works with my build of Minefield using Mr Tech.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version