ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox --3.5-- Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (11/16) > >>

MilesAhead:
No I already use FARR.  What I mean is the Launchy Firefox extension.  You right click in the browser and it opens another browser or another app with the selection.  Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with image viewers like Irfanview or XnView. It lists them as enabled, but when you right click on a link to an image you get everything else but an image viewer.  It's been that way for awhile now so I don't think the author is interested in fixing it.

edit: unless maybe there's a FF plugin. I have stayed away from FARR plugins mainly because there's too many of them to explorer for the moment.

mouser:
ok, my mistake then.. sorry :(
didn't realize we were talking about a FF extension called "Launchy" -- I suppose that makes a lot more sense now that it is being discussed in this thread.
Sorry!! I'll go hide in the corner in shame.

MilesAhead:
No biggy. I just thought maybe there was an inside joke and I wasn't gettin' it. :)
I hate it when that happens. :)

MilesAhead:
Speaking of FARR I figured out how to open the current FF page in Opera.  Using Pasty I highlight the location and hit the Pasty hotkey.  I set the "search hotkey" to the FARR hotkey.  FARR opens and the macro types in the URL.  I set Opera as external alternative browser.

There's probably better ways of doing it but for now this works no matter which browser I start with.

cyberdiva:
There's probably better ways of doing it but for now this works no matter which browser I start with.
-MilesAhead (August 22, 2009, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
With FF's OperaView extension, just right-click and select "View this Page in Opera."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version