ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox --3.5-- Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (6/16) > >>

HankFriedman:
I love tree-style tab because I have a 24" monitor and keep many tabs open all of the time. It allows you to place the tab bar on the left side of the screen vertically, which works really well.

I also love Colorful Tabs, which allows you to color-code tabs and thereby find the one you want much more easily.

And I use Resurrect Pages often to find earlier versions of web pages that have "died".

Others of much value are:

WOT - Web of Trust protects you from surfing to dangerous pages

Update Notifier - a priceless add-on that alerts you when extensions are updated

Thunderbird Biff - to quickly open Thunderbird

Split Pannel - works perfectly to see two different web pages side-by-side

Scrapbook+ - a truly great webpage capture utility that allows you to save webpages in user-named folders. No more losing a webpage that has been abandoned.

Save Link in Folder - I save astronomy photos in my spacegifs folder, wallpaper in my wallpaper folder, downloaded executables in my downloads folder, etc. and this add-on makes it easy to do

Auto-copy - This has to be one of the most useful of all, you just highlight text on a web page (or email) and it copies it automatically to paste elsewhere. Great!

kartal:
I love Vimperator more than any other FF extension. It has some learning curve but if you are a Vim user this is the deal.

socalguy:
Two of my  most indispensable v. 3.5 extensions  are  "Scrapbook" which captures and saves web pages ,saving a lot of printer ink and "Go to Top", an add-on that instantly takes you to the top or bottom of a page rather than scrolling up or down. 

Innuendo:
"Go to Top", an add-on that instantly takes you to the top or bottom of a page rather than scrolling up or down. 
-socalguy (July 27, 2009, 02:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Guess I'm old school...I just use the Home and End keys for that.

Babis:
Also if you like browsing using keyboard (dump mouse) here is LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version