ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Truely amazing piece of animation art

<< < (3/4) > >>

40hz:
Somebody post a direct-download URL for the lazy of us? pretty please? :)
-f0dder (July 01, 2009, 07:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

There isn't a link specifically set up to do a download.

But here's the direct URL for the video:

http://motionographer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/civilization_final.mov

I used the DownThemAll extension in Firefox to grab it. But in Firefox, you can also go to the Tools menu, open up PageInfo; then look under the Media tab to find civilization_final.mov; and do a SaveAs from there.

(This also works for snarfing copies of all those pictures on Flickr they don't want you snarfing. :))

8)

Don't be so relieved, tinjaw. Obviously, you missed the fine print. In Heaven, the dancing women will all look like Scarlett Johansson. In That Other Place, they'll all look like Rosie O'Donnell.

So don't give up on your good behavior just yet. ;)
-Innuendo (July 01, 2009, 09:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow. Now there's an image for you!

Talk about a big incentive to be good!  :)

And talk about an even bigger disincentive to be bad!!! :(

(There are some people* you just don't wanna see dancing!  :o)

*With all due respect to Ms. O'Donnell, who I'm sure is a very nice person; and who likely also has her admirers. De gustibus not est disputadum, and all that... Now if she could just get off the 'holier than thou' kick she always seems to be on, and lighten up!

f0dder:
40hz: thanks for the link, and the tips - a bit embarassing that I have DownloadThemAll installed but didn't think of using it :-[

Video looks pretty awesome, would be great having the executable version so you could run it as a screensaver or whatever :)

40hz:
would be great having the executable version so you could run it as a screensaver or whatever
-f0dder (July 01, 2009, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I though so too. I suppose we could either wait for one, or do our own.

Most apps that will covert a MOV directly into an SCR are on the pricey side. However, there is a fairly decent freebie called Instant Storm that will convert SWFs into screensavers. So all I should need to do is convert the MOV to SWF and then run it though Instant Storm.

(Probably also need to edit to the MOV to make it loop smoothly since it looks like there's some frame overlap at the very end.)

Hmmm... :)

f0dder:
I guess converting the .mov with a wrapper program would work, since it does seem to loop - it'd still be cooler to have the "real" program though (higher video quality, also iirc the site mentions that the installation can change pace depending on how the elevator moves?)

Innuendo:
I used the DownThemAll extension in Firefox to grab it. But in Firefox, you can also go to the Tools menu, open up PageInfo; then look under the Media tab to find civilization_final.mov; and do a SaveAs from there.-40hz
--- End quote ---

And the FlashGot extension allows you to grab it with the download manager of your choice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version