topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:14 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Babylon 7 - Free 1 Year Subscription ( $ 60 Value ) ( key valid for V8 too )  (Read 5545 times)

4FreeTeam

• Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi there!

Another week another interesting public promotion found.
This one is on the german Softwareload.de. There were 20 000 available licence keys and the promotion ends today June 30.
So if your interested grab it while you still can!

Babylon offers the most powerful, easy-to-use translation tool ever. Translate words and full texts in over 75 languages, or get dictionary definitions from over 1,400 dictionaries, glossaries and encyclopedias at one simple click.

Note that according to our friend Franck the serial you get for V 7 works for the latest V 8, too.
And you  can get some extras :
# Full Web page translation
# Full document translation (Word, PDF, Text)
# Integrates seamlessly into Microsoft office Spellers

More details and screenshots on 4 Free :

http://for-free-on-i...bscription-60-value/

Enjoy!

Marc - 4 Free Team

icanfeelthepower

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have a license for Babylon (5, 6, 7, and 8.), but as time has gone by I have given up on it. New Babylon versions doesn't *improve*, they merely gets different. Today I use WordWeb Pro 6.

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have a license for Babylon (5, 6, 7, and 8.), but as time has gone by I have given up on it. New Babylon versions doesn't *improve*, they merely gets different. Today I use WordWeb Pro 6.
I have been using Babylon 5 and then 6 for several years and like it a lot.  I agree, though, that as far as I can tell the later versions (7 and eight) don't improve over the earlier ones.  I've never been tempted to upgrade.  

I was interested in what you said about WordWeb Pro 6, but apparently that's just for English.  I use Babylon Pro 6, with VOX Advanced Eng-Spanish-Eng dictionary added, to help me with Spanish.  I'm not familiar with any other desktop app that's as good for Spanish as Babylon Pro.   I'm not talking about resources on the Internet (e.g., WordReference.com) but rather those I can house on my computer and can use even without an Internet connection.  
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 04:31 PM by cyberdiva »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I agree that there is no reason to upgrade from Babylon 6. In my memory it was the version that I liked the most.

Avanquest offered me some fine CDs from Berlitz, to learn to speak the Spanish language. But as usual they forgot to tell that the offer wasn't valid outside of the U.K. But of course Avanquest USA has the same product: http://www.avanquest...r-mac&-win-27393 and the $40  they take  is almost the same as the £20  I was offered to pay.

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks, Curt, for the info re Avanquest.  I've already got a number of similar programs, some of which were very helpful at an earlier stage.  At this point, I like to fool myself into thinking that I've progressed beyond them  :)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
- then your Spanish must be as good as my English  ;D

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
- then your Spanish must be as good as my English  ;D
Oh, how I wish it were!  Not even close, I'm afraid.  :(

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I attended Berlitz classes when I moved to Miami - figured I would get a lot of opportunities to practice there. Which was true to an extent, however a lot of the Cuban folk didn't want me to speak Spanish to them - they had worked hard for the opposite: to learn English - and didn't want people to feel they had to learn Spanish to speak with them. Kinda weird, but I did learn a lot.

Unfortunately we lost our house around us in Andrew back in 1992 and moved back to Pennsylvania after 8 yrs down there. And in Pennsylvania there are only three persons who speak Spanish: my high school teachers for Spanish I, II, & III respectively, so I don't get much opportunity to polish up my Spanish.  Now I can hardly speak it anymore...   :(

Jim