ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Faster startup by disabling plugins ?

(1/2) > >>

MerleOne:
Hi,

I never use plugins with FARR, and with recent versions, whenever I type pause or ctrl+space, the history window opens but spends quite some time reading the plugins.  I would just like to have the history right away.  I have seen nowhere how to disable plugins ?  Is is possible, and if yes, would this speed up the first history display ?  Thanks.

mouser:
you can disable plugins from the options tab about plugins.. but plugins shouldn't be doing anything when you bring up farr window showing history, so i doubt that is the cause.

you can easily test though by exiting farr, removing all plugins and moving them to some other directory, and restarting -- just to make sure they are not the cause.

mouser:
if your history is *always* slow at being shown.. that is a clue in one direction, as is easier to diagnose.  if its only rarely slow to show, then the problem is more difficult to diagnose.  if you want to email me about it we might try to figure it out offline and then report back on this thread what we find.

bgd77:
I have also noticed this issue. The first time when I open FARR, after the computer boots, it searches for plugins for between 0.5 and 1 second.

mouser:
when you mean it "searches for plugins".. do you mean that the statusbar says its searching plugins for that time? is that how you are concluding that the delay is due to plugins?

if so.. it's probably one specific plugin doing that.. see if you can figure out which one..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version