ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

CD archive and copying

<< < (5/7) > >>

f0dder:
Edvard: fred wants something that just can't be done for cd media - perfect copies. For *data* there's synchronization information burnt into the physical media, but the data doesn't exist for audio. It's really messy stuff. REALLY messy stuff, so many people violating both audio and data cd standards. For dog-standard audio CDs, cdparanoia on linux will get you what you're after... but for the pesky copy-protected-CDs's, who knows what you get :/

4wd:
... but for the pesky copy-protected-CDs's, who knows what you get :/
-f0dder (July 01, 2009, 02:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

A standard specification audio CD that will perform in every player ?

Innuendo:
Just a suggestion: DAEMON Tools Lite (Free for non-commercial use.)

It can image an audio disc and also mount it, as well as other formats.-4wd
--- End quote ---

Daemon Tools Lite can mount images, but it can not create them.

Innuendo:
... but for the pesky copy-protected-CDs's, who knows what you get :/-f0dder
--- End quote ---

Three cheers for Slysoft's AnyDVD that can remove that DRM poo. :)

Edvard:
f0dder:  :facepalm: Ack! I didn't think about copy-protected CD's. It would be marginally humorous if it produced a copy-protected .iso  :huh: :P

P.S. I meant to try the dd trick myself at home, but forgot. I'll do it tonight and report back.

OFFTOPIC: I love this old slashdot comment on the Post-it/Sharpie method of defeating copy protection:
So, if I create something that resembles a CD, but really just uses the CD format to carry a harmful digital payload to damage your system, I'm just an artist protecting my rights.

but...

If I create something that resembles an email message, but really just uses the email message format to carry a harmful digital payload to damage your system, I'm just an evil hacker who's likely to be spending time in prison.

Yup. Makes sense to me.
--- End quote ---
  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version