ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

free scaled down word replacment

<< < (9/9)

fenixproductions:
2Steven Avery
I believe your words but I would rather wait for some changes before I "Accept". Current state of their licence stops me from doing that. Words from one of the developers mean nothing as long as it's not written in agreement. I can't automatically trust someone I don't know. I can't sign papers if they are saying something different from my point of view.

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

If still concerned, and you would like to use the software, you could ask the developers to put this as an addendum on their website and/or the actual EULA.  That should be sufficient.

(Personally I would be unconcerned, since I think this issue comes up a lot in areas like Creative Commons license as well, and it appears clear to me what is the intent.  However a nice official note is always nice.)

Shalom,
Steven

fenixproductions:
If still concerned, and you would like to use the software, you could ask the developers to put this as an addendum on their website and/or the actual EULA.  That should be sufficient.-Steven Avery (July 12, 2009, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've tried to contact with them by email but I have automatic responses only. All in French but as far as I understood they contain an information that I should go to FAQ page and find any details there. Unfortunately, addresses mentioned on their website brings me back to nothing.

Of course, I could try to call them but… come on! Writing big software, having few websites and no valid e-mail?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version