ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: BusyBuster -- program to redial busy phone #s using your modem

<< < (2/3) > >>

LuckMan212:
Well I'm not familiar with Voicepulse, but I do have the Vonage VOIP service here and have had it for several years.  If Voicepulse works anything like that, you just have your ATA plugged into your ethernet on one side and out the other side comes a POTS line.  I dont see any reason why you couldnt do this... just attach a little RJ-11 splitter onto the "phone" port and run a wire to your modem.  You didn't specify what addressbook software you were using but most have a "dial" function. (if you are using MS Outlook like I am, you can just right click on the contact name and select "Call Contact"). 

The command to tone-dial from any Hayes AT-compatible modem since the 80s has always been "ATDT" so if you want to code something yourself or use a VBScript or something you can just open your COM port and sent ATDT12125551212 or whatever # you are calling... then just send a [CR] (or pretty much any character) to the modem after you pick up your receiver and the modem will hang up.  And then you are talking on the phone...
hope this helps some  ;)

edit: also you mentioned you weren't sure your modem was set up properly.. have you tried opening HyperTerminal (accessories->communications) and testing the modem?  just create a new connection and try typing something like "AT"<return> and the modem should reply "OK".  If not, you may not have the driver for your modem installed, etc.  Also, you may have to disable "Dial Tone Detection" since some ATAs generate a "fake" dialtone that the modem may not recognize therefore it wont start dialing.  The or, command for this is usually "ATX0" so you can specify this as your "init string" perhaps in your addressbook program. If it already has an init string in there it may be something like "AT&F" which is the standard, just add the X0 to it so it would be "AT&FX0" not "AT&FATX0"

superboyac:
THanks, I will give those things a try.  Man, i don't have a clue to what you're talking about, I know absolutely nothing about modems.  If you don't mind, I may have to ask a few more questions later!

LuckMan212:
ok I will try to help you ......... but back to the topic at hand.... does anyone think they might be able to make a snack out of this idea?

superboyac:
OT once more...thanks Luckman.  I just rebooted my computer and the dialing works fine.  Duh.

LuckMan212:
 :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version